Zenmuse H3-3D balancing without filter

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone balanced his zenmuse H3-3D only whith his Gopro Hero 3 camera on it? I have a GP Hero 3 black camera and when I put the camera horizontally, it sligthly moves in the way of the motor, I think the motor side is a little heavier.

It´s not exagerated but maybe I have to correct it in order to reduce jello effect?
Thanks!

if I'm too far off base with any of this someone feel free to correct me, but afaik the "jello effect" in videos has 2 main causes:
1) vibration of the gimbal/gopro in flight.. this can be due to high winds, prop imbalance, or other factors that cause a physical vibration that is more drastic than the rubber dampers can handle. This is a PHYSICAL problem
2) VIDEO effect: in bright sunlight with no ND filter, it's actually the sunlight coming through the spinning props causing this effect. I'm not sure what other factors contribute here (if it's only when the sun is up high above you, not at like sunrise/sunset; or facing towards/away from the sun) but the only solution to THIS is a ND or some sort of filter on the gopro.

all that being said, achieving neutral balance on your gimbal is never a bad thing. just add a tiny bit of counterweight to the opposite side of the gopro from the side that "drops". I personally used a stack of tiny bits of duct or gaffer tape rather than trying to glue weight on

What dampeners are you running?
What are gain settings?

Just to clarify:
I have the NON upgrade vision plus with zenmuse h33d 1.1 with a neutral balanced GoPro 3+BE. I thought ramping up to 60 FPS and running an ND filter would fix the jello. It was only when I stood close to the phantom that I noticed the vibrations/oscillations. The gopro is NOT shaking side to side, its actually moving round and round, oscillating. I hope gopro will add hardware/software stabilisation in the next release.

Anyways.. you have 2 options

Option 1.
Set gain basic 125/125/120/140 (default gains) and run the dark grey solid dampeners (this is my current setup).

Option 2
Set gain basic to 90/90/120/140 and run the white solid dampeners.

Results may differ as I'm not sure if the new upgraded motors are more harmonic since the have more power.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues