Zenmuse H3-3D Anti-Drop Plugs - Location?

Reaction score
Hi,

I've fitted an H3-3D to a Phantom 2. It all works fine, but the anti-drop pins foul the gimbal at the extremes of its movement.

I've looked at videos where people have mounted both pins on the front (which is what I have done), and pushed the locking collars to the second position (again, what I have done, as on the first position the pins rattle around like mad), but both of these are contrary to the instructions that came with the gimbal. I've also seen people replace the pins with cable ties.

Can anyone suggest the best option for securing the gimbal to the P2 please?

Thanks

Darren.

The pins "Should" be mounted diagonally opposed to eachother. However, a lot of folk use small zip ties to actually secure the gimbal to the dampers. The dampers alone "should" be enough to hold the gimbal in situ. The pins are really only there as a backup safety precaution.

Hope this helps

Bmews

I fly with 2 small zip ties on the front. The only time my gimbal has come loose from the P2 is when it was in the case and got dropped hard and the foam supporting the gimbal in the case allowed it to move. I have never had my gimbal come loose in flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic