Zenmuse H3-3D and GoPro Black 3+ FRIED?

Reaction score
Recently replaced my H3-2D with an H3-3D on my Phantom 2. Attached the GoPro to the mount and plugged in the USB power, GoPro was already switched on with fairly full power. After switching on the Phantom I noted that the GoPro was then off and appeared dead. No amount of attention brings it back to life and, moreover, when I plug it into my computer via the USB charger the GoPro gets very hot.

To me it looks as if there was some issue causing the GoPro to fry, perhaps with the switch-on current of the DJI Phantom. Could this be correct, has anyone else had this issue?

Thing is, what to do next? Obviously I don't want to buy another GoPro, plug the new one in and watch as the next one also goes up in smoke. Are there any ways to check first what the issue could be before running the risk of attaching another GoPro?

I don't know what they changed the connection to the GoPro, the old one on the H3-2D worked great, although, this is perhaps unrelated to the issue..

Any advice and help appreciated.

My Gopro on occasion just doesn't want to turn on,in or out of the gimbal.
Only way I can get it to come alive is to take the battery out of the Gopro for a few seconds before putting it back in.
Has always worked for me.

Definitely what smallman28 said, but as well,
do you have the small board that came with the 3D gimbal on your craft?
It's called the Anti-Interference board. I'm not genius, but I feel like there could be a correlation there if it
wasn't installed onto your craft with the gimbal!

phantomoftheopera22 said:
Definitely what smallman28 said, but as well,
do you have the small board that came with the 3D gimbal on your craft?
It's called the Anti-Interference board. I'm not genius, but I feel like there could be a correlation there if it
wasn't installed onto your craft with the gimbal!

I have one Phantom with it and one without. It shouldn't have anything to do with powering on the GoPro.

I thought the OP said that he was able to power it back on but it was a little hot. My GoPro gets hot some of the time too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj