Zenmuse H3-3D 3-axis GoPro gimbal announced

Ksc said:
havasuphoto said:
Talked to my Dealer Today-Dronefly, and the latest news they have is 2 weeks before they arrive.
Helipal is in China-so it makes sense they have one. Interesting idea-I liked the video. But, I'd still like some RAW video directly from the camera. Something about that in camera footage on the left, just didn't look that sharp......maybe I'm just being too pessimistic?

do you mean as a stand alone or as the P2 zen combo? The combo is already out and being shipped to customers. I would think that considering the cost of the zen by itself, it would be the best route to buy the combo, sell the P2 for $650 and buy a GCU for $50 on ebay. You would then get the zen for $350 which is $100 off retail.
The Combo hasn't arrived.
Who has actually received one, in the States? I've heard of people receiving tracking numbers, only to open the box and find a version 1, P2, and no H3-3D.

havasuphoto said:
Ksc said:
havasuphoto said:
Talked to my Dealer Today-Dronefly, and the latest news they have is 2 weeks before they arrive.
Helipal is in China-so it makes sense they have one. Interesting idea-I liked the video. But, I'd still like some RAW video directly from the camera. Something about that in camera footage on the left, just didn't look that sharp......maybe I'm just being too pessimistic?

do you mean as a stand alone or as the P2 zen combo? The combo is already out and being shipped to customers. I would think that considering the cost of the zen by itself, it would be the best route to buy the combo, sell the P2 for $650 and buy a GCU for $50 on ebay. You would then get the zen for $350 which is $100 off retail.
Who has actually received one, in the States? I've heard of people receiving tracking numbers, only to open the box and find a version 1, P2, and no H3-3D.

I had the same thing happen to me. Before I could even get an answer from them, it shipped out leaving me to ship back. I just sent my p2 version 1 back to Atlanta Hobby. They will be shipping me the new one. They said they have newest version in stock built for the h3-3D gimbal. At least they are reimbursing me for the shipping cost :)

havasuphoto said:
Ksc said:
havasuphoto said:

1uas.com had them yesterday. Gone today. More Friday. I thought b&h had some this morning. 1uas must have a Chinese connection. Before they hired their current sales support staff, it was some Asian folks who were a real pain to understand but they would send stuff out real fast and never charged shipping and never messed up an order. They were the first to post videos of the new gimbal and the first that I know of that sent them out. They had my business already but have since secured it for good.

Makes me wonder why some dealers are getting them before others. I ordered from Dronefly because I've done business with them before, free shipping, and only 1 state away-so I usually get stuff the next day.
So when you say you "secured one"...what does that mean? Did you pre-order, or has your shipped already?

I posted a video link a couple pages back of a 1uas demo on YouTube. This was done at their location in MD only about 40 minutes away from me. I occasionaly fly with a guy that works there. He put together the one in the video he said. I wanted to go by there and take a look at it in person but wasn't able to.

1uas was one of the dealers that dealt directly with DJI China and was not named in the injunction. Not sure if that has something to do with them getting them 1st.

CJ31 said:
I posted a video link a couple pages back of a 1uas demo on YouTube. This was done at their location in MD only about 40 minutes away from me. I occasionaly fly with a guy that works there. He put together the one in the video he said. I wanted to go by there and take a look at it in person but wasn't able to.

1uas was one of the dealers that dealt directly with DJI China and was not named in the injunction. Not sure if that has something to do with them getting them 1st.
I'd ask him why he put T-motors on it? They were clearly shown on the aircraft in the video-which made me wonder if they modified an existing P2 to use the new Gimbal, or, if they actually had the P2Z?

havasuphoto said:
Makes me wonder why some dealers are getting them before others. I ordered from Dronefly because I've done business with them before, free shipping, and only 1 state away-so I usually get stuff the next day.
So when you say you "secured one"...what does that mean? Did you pre-order, or has your shipped already?
When the P2 was introduced, the first place anyone saw it, before DJI.com or any dealers, were package deals on eBay. That's how we knew what it was and what was and what features it had. Who gets what when is a mystery sometimes.

ElGuano said:
havasuphoto said:
When the P2 was introduced, the first place anyone saw it, before DJI.com or any dealers, were package deals on eBay. That's how we knew what it was and what was and what features it had. Who gets what when is a mystery sometimes.
I remember that. And, I remember a lot of talk about "my dealer has 50 of them", yet nobody stepped forward and said they had one in hand.....
My theory is they won't be delivered until after the NAB show, around the 11th or so.
And, my reason for thinking that is this; it's cost $$ to ship a container from China. So, they need stuff for the show, from China-why not put everything they need for the show, and, all the P2 packages for dealers, in 1+ containers?? Then they will have their stuff for the show, and the P2Z will make it's "debut".

Sound familiar? I think this was how the Vision came out.....just after a show. Just my theory.

Sorry if I missed this in the 12 pages or so of this thread, but does anybody know what other changes they made to the Phantom 2, aside from the larger hole in the bottom? Scares me that they now have a "new" version of the Phantom 2 already. Want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything else. :D

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

havasuphoto said:
Just watched the 1st one-the horizon is tilted to the right, just like on the current Zen H3-2D........great :oops:

Any way to fix that on current zen? Mine started doing it last night :(

Fink said:
Sorry if I missed this in the 12 pages or so of this thread, but does anybody know what other changes they made to the Phantom 2, aside from the larger hole in the bottom? Scares me that they now have a "new" version of the Phantom 2 already. Want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything else. :D

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

I don't think anyone knows. The dealers that have them haven't said anything and the ones shipped to customers should have arrived yesterday and today. Its going to be a matter of side by side comparison. I don't remember DJI doing a comparison of the P1 versions, it was normal forum folks who did. They just made the changes and never said anything and shipped them out. If they say something, V1 people are going to want DJI to fix their units to be V2.

havasuphoto said:
Just watched the 1st one-the horizon is tilted to the right, just like on the current Zen H3-2D........great :oops:

wow. you are indeed correct. I would have never noticed unless you pointed that out.

Ksc said:
havasuphoto said:

wow. you are indeed correct. I would have never noticed unless you pointed that out.

That's a non-trivial problem to fix (apparently). The only gimbal controller I've seen that is not susceptible to horizon drift, pro or consumer, is the yet-unreleased Phobotics controller, which is going to be several hundred $$ on its own, without a gimbal. I think it will be very difficult to find any consumer gimbal that doesn't tilt on high aileron.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj