Zenmuse H3-3D 3-axis GoPro gimbal announced

Aerial Media Pros (in Orange County, CA) has them on pre-order. I just called and she told me they expect them to arrive in a week to a week and a half. She said she doesn't know how many they will get in, so they have it bundled with the Phantom 2. I asked her if they were to sell the gimbal separately, how much it would be and she said $469.

Here's the link: http://aerialmediapros.com/store/home/5 ... -deal.html

I will definitely be upgrading my gimbal, I can't tell you how many shots I've taken only to have them ruined by yaw movement. The question I'm debating though, is whether or not to get the Phantom 2. I have the 1 and the new gimbal will work on it, but I'm thinking maybe I should upgrade everything. I've only had my Phantom 1 for about 6 months and it works great, I've had no issues with it. But since I shoot video professionally with it, the longer battery life is very appealing. I hate having to land and swap batteries after only 2 takes sometimes. What do you all think? Worth upgrading the kit and kaboodle or just the gimbal?

acall said:
Aerial Media Pros (in Orange County, CA) has them on pre-order. I just called and she told me they expect them to arrive in a week to a week and a half. She said she doesn't know how many they will get in, so they have it bundled with the Phantom 2. I asked her if they were to sell the gimbal separately, how much it would be and she said $469.

I will definitely be upgrading my gimbal, I can't tell you how many shots I've taken only to have them ruined by yaw movement. The question I'm debating though, is whether or not to get the Phantom 2. I have the 1 and the new gimbal will work on it, but I'm thinking maybe I should upgrade everything. I've only had my Phantom 1 for about 6 months and it works great, I've had no issues with it. But since I shoot video professionally with it, the longer battery life is very appealing. I hate having to land and swap batteries after only 2 takes sometimes. What do you all think? Worth upgrading the kit and kaboodle or just the gimbal?

Put your P1 in to a P2 shell, just wait for the new version to come out with the modification for the H3-3D. Like this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7017

With that you can carry batts big enough to get your flight times in the same range as the P2 does natively.

acall said:

I'm in the same situation. However, having a "spare" is almost mandatory in this business. IF, for some reason your one and only Phantom crashes, or has some "glitch", it's a long drive home, without getting the shot, or paid.

When I was doing still photography-I had 2 of everything, including lenses. Came in handy one day, when my 300mm F2.8 got a little wet, and refused to focus. Luckily I had a 2nd one-so the shooting went on.

I knew this day would come(getting a 2nd aircraft).....just not so soon.
Also-now I can devote the Phantom 1 to "over-water" stuff...and use the Phantom 2 for the Desert and Set stuff.

havasuphoto said:
I'm in the same situation. However, having a "spare" is almost mandatory in this business. IF, for some reason your one and only Phantom crashes, or has some "glitch", it's a long drive home, without getting the shot, or paid.

When I was doing still photography-I had 2 of everything, including lenses. Came in handy one day, when my 300mm F2.8 got a little wet, and refused to focus. Luckily I had a 2nd one-so the shooting went on.

Also-now I can devote the Phantom 1 to "over-water" stuff...and use the Phantom 2 for the Desert and Set stuff.

Back in the day when I shot events...on film...we always had at least one full backup case of equipment with us at all times. Bodies, lenses, strobes, and enough batteries, film, sharpies and duct tape to last 9 days in severe conditions :D

Whoever was lowest man on the social totem pole at any given time was always the one tasked with lugging the backup case around and keeping it ready to go at all times.

havasuphoto said:
acall said:

Yea I think you're right. Definitely worth having a backup. I agree though, I didn't think I'd be buying another one so soon! I'm still trying to get my first one all set up to my liking, let alone a 2nd one. Oh well.

Just got this e-mail

Phantom 2 / H3-3d back order update

We are still waiting on DJI China to send us an updated Tracking # to show the shipment and the clearance thru customs so we can provide a 100% accurate day of shipment to you.
As soon as we have this information we will update you on the status of your order.

We do not like taking customers money and not delivering the goods as promised. This is completely out of our hands and the delay is due to the Manufacturers.

We provided this email because we strongly feel saying "nothing" is much worse than saying what we actually know.

Notes:
- All Phantom 2's will be the most recent updated version
- If at anytime a full refund is needed we will of course send that ASAP.

Thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions feel free to contact as at anytime,

ZWAK said:
Just got this e-mail

Phantom 2 / H3-3d back order update

We are still waiting on DJI China to send us an updated Tracking # to show the shipment and the clearance thru customs so we can provide a 100% accurate day of shipment to you.
As soon as we have this information we will update you on the status of your order.

We do not like taking customers money and not delivering the goods as promised. This is completely out of our hands and the delay is due to the Manufacturers.

We provided this email because we strongly feel saying "nothing" is much worse than saying what we actually know.

Notes:
- All Phantom 2's will be the most recent updated version
- If at anytime a full refund is needed we will of course send that ASAP.

Thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions feel free to contact as at anytime,

My guess is, they will start arriving April 11th. That is the day after the NAB show in Vegas.
Glad to know I don't have to upgrade firmware....although, after reading so many threads-part of me wishes they were shipped with version 1.8.
I'm not in that big of a hurry-just need it before the first weekend in May...

Atlanta Hobbies has them shipping today. Or that is what I'm lead to believe. They have sent me a UPS tracking number and charged my CC. They told me the CC would not be charged until it was shipped. If they don't ship mine today they are going to get a call from one pissed off customer. :evil:

EDIT:
Dam, the new Phantom has shipped minus the gimbal. Gimbal due in in 1-2 weeks. They charged my card in full because it was a "Package", then they should have charged me and shipped when the package was complete :evil:

FASTFJR said:
Atlanta Hobbies has them shipping today. Or that is what I'm lead to believe. They have sent me a UPS tracking number and charged my CC. They told me the CC would not be charged until it was shipped. If they don't ship mine today they are going to get a call from one pissed off customer. :evil:

EDIT:
Dam, the new Phantom has shipped minus the gimbal. Gimbal due in in 1-2 weeks. They charged my card in full because it was a "Package", then they should have charged me and shipped when the package was complete :evil:
I wouldn't sign for it!!! There is a "new" Phantom 2, that has yet to arrive, that will ship with the Gimbal. It has a belly cut out, specifically for the H3-3D.

Also-IF, they shipped out one of the older versions, when you intended to order the "package" from them, I would cancel my order, get my money back, and order from someone that has a clue!!! Sorry-but yours isn't the first story I've heard of Dealers sending out the old Phantom 2's, while waiting for the Gimbals. This is a Major Mistake.
Also-the "new" Phantom 2's will already have all the new firmware pre-installed, so you're good to go there.

My retailer-Dronefly, hadn't shipped or attempted to ship me anything yet. They know the difference. Find a dealer that does.....and spend your money with them.

If this had happened to me-I'd be furious!!!

And-Officially, there has NOT been a release date set, by DJI.

FASTFJR said:

EDIT:
I wouldn't order anythjng from them. I've been eyeing the 3D since it was announced and Atlanta Hobby been shady about it on their website ever since. Initially saying it was in stock, and then saying 3/28 and even today saying "expected 3/31" for the package. They know that's BS. I emailed them last week and they said they would get them the 1st week of April. But I bet that "somehow" gets pushed back as well. Send it back or don't accept.

EDIT: They must have just changed to "Out of Stock". It also says you will not be charged until it ships if you pre-order.

CJ31 said:
FASTFJR said:

EDIT:
I wouldn't order anythjng from them. I've been eyeing the 3D since it was announced and Atlanta Hobby been shady about it on their website ever since. Initially saying it was in stock, and then saying 3/28 and even today saying "expected 3/31" for the package. They know that's BS. I emailed them last week and they said they would get them the 1st week of April. But I bet that "somehow" gets pushed back as well. Send it back or don't accept.

EDIT: They must have just changed to "Out of Stock". It also says you will not be charged until it ships if you pre-order.

Just cancelled the ordered. Thank god UPS did not pick it up. I had to talk to 3 different people before I got a straight answer. I kept asking is this the latest Phantom 2……….everyone except the third person said yes. The woman finally said its not but a bracket ships with the new gimbal (bang head here). I told her thats not what I want and to please cancel my order. I'll be watching my checking account like a hawk. I'm suppose to call back tomorrow and talk to Gary the manager……..which I plan to do. I'm pretty pissed off about the whole thing

havasuphoto said:
Order from these guys; http://www.dronefly.com/default.asp
They have a clue!!!! Also-they answer the phone when you call.
Tell them Havasuphoto sent ya ;)

Thanks, I'll take a look at them. I normally get everything from B&H since they have been great in the past and are only one ground shipping day away. The only reason I bought from Atlanta was because they showed it shipping (today).

I don't think the injunction has anything to do with it. It named certain suppliers and even all those have seemed to continue to sell DJI products. Amazon, BHPhoto, Dronefly, DSLRPros, etc were all named. My local supplier is www.1uas.com and they were not named or affected by the injunction. They said they should be getting them this week or next, as I assume most of the rest of the suppliers will. BTW - Atlanta Hobby was also not named.

I had to file a claim with PayPal against Atlanta Hobby. They charged me for back ordered items with no estimated ship date. One of the motors that I did get was bad and I had to fight tooth and nail to resolve it. Horrible dealer. They have a "once it ships, it's yours" policy. I will never do business with them again.

By the way, if you want to see the H3-3D in action, dji finally released some video.

Now I want it even more. Yaw judder has always been an issue. My workaround was just to shoot a lot to pick out the calm moments. Or stabilize in post but lose more sharpness. No longer.

Can't wait!

http://youtu.be/Trw9aS22w9s

zoochase said:
I had to file a claim with PayPal against Atlanta Hobby. They charged me for back ordered items with no estimated ship date. One of the motors that I did get was bad and I had to fight tooth and nail to resolve it. Horrible dealer. They have a "once it ships, it's yours" policy. I will never do business with them again.

Bastards, They were suppose to credit my CC yesterday. The girl insisted I call and talk to "Gary" today about the issues. I said cancel my order and credit my card and their won't be an issue. I'm still calling him to rip him a new phone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl