Zenmuse H3-2D removal/disconnect

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Complete rookie, no RC experience, had intended on slowly working my way into RC flying, but found a great deal on eBay and pulled the trigger. Been watching a bunch of youtube videos and reading the boards but nervous still about first flights/crashes.

My question is... Is there any easy/fast way to temporarily remove or disconnect the zenmuse gimbal easily so that it can be re-connected quickly?

...I've read that I should not power up the phantom without my gopro mounted, but I'd rather not have my hero3 connected for my initial few flights... any suggestions, recommendations, or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I gess your talking about a phantom 2 with gimbal ? Unless whoever you bought it from is installing if for you it will be in the box just don't hook it up and if it is installed unplug it and take it off until you fill good about flying with your gopro .
GL

Sorry, I probably should have mentioned it is a phantom 1 and the gimbal came already installed on it.

Ok just disconnect it and take it off . Should only be 2 wires a power and tilt wire . Then the balls can be pulled out of the base plate set the gimble aside . You can leave the base plat on and zip tie or wire tie the wires to it so they are not flopping around while flying . What gimbale ?

I think its the 3h-2d... from what I've seen in pictures... except that mine only has one little gold stripe and I've seen others with 2 small gold stripes on them. Can take a photo once I get home from work tonight.

I would mount the cam and fire up the phantom and make sure all works before you take off the gimbal this way when you put it back on you know it worked

Probably a really good idea and one I wouldn't have thought of being an amateur. If I disconnect it will it fly normally or will the gimbal's interior computer components inside the phantom cause issues with the gimbal no longer being there?

I don't think it will I do not have a 3h 2d I run a shark witch is different . Your gimbal you will have to take 2 screws out in the center of the gimbal on the base then disconnect the wire (a lot easier) just leave the vibration plate on . What color is the platform where the cam mounts green or black ? You might want to get familiar with the assistant on the PC and see where your numbers are at . I would think they have adjusted settings for the added weight .

Its black... think I probably should remove it just like you said, wondering if its 8 pin cable pops off? Have a Mac and haven't even attempted installing it yet. Attempting to attach a photo but it is too large; can't resize it from my phone.

Just got my P2 with Zen gimbal (replacement for bad P2V) and was wondering how we know what setting to adjust for for the extra weight (or lack of if we fly without the gimbal installed at first)?

The zenmuse has the socket at the top this pops out and the plate can be pushed backwards to remove 2 screws. It the same as when it pops a bung when you hit something ie a tree (yes I did it) it comes apart.

Remember which way the socket goes back in.

Gotten the entire gimbal disconnected... the only thing keeping it attached to the phantom now is the black cable with the white 8 pin connector... can't disconnect it! Tried my fingers, pulling it wiggling it, tried proping it out with small tools... just can't get it & im afraid im going to rip it. Does anyone know if it has a lock? or teeth that get engaged? or some sort of place to push on it to get it to release the cable?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl