Zenmuse H3-2D on p2v

Reaction score
Hi guys !!

I am thinking to buy a zenmuse h32d gimbal replacing this **** fc200 camera.
is there any issues installing the zenmuse on phantom 2 vision board ?
I saw somewhere people having issues with manual tilt & so ...
can any1 describe me the best way to install & i can pitch up and down the gopro.

:)

It might be doable, but I've not seen anyone try. The Vision doesn't have the handy Zenmuse cable and plug ready to go, it has a servo control wire and the camera handles all the tilt and other camera functions out of the box. I'm not even sure if it has the Zenmuse controller built in. On top of that you'll lose any remote control of the camera and you won't be able to install tradition FPV systems because the Vision control frequency is 5.8GHz, as opposed to the Phantom 2's more usual 2.4... The 7th Channel "hack" might work to convince your P2V it's a P2 and accept the tilt control on the back of the tx, but without any Zenmuse control circuitry I'm not sure it will do anything for you.

You may be a lot better off selling on your Vision and buy a P2Z as a kit. If you have a GoPro already it's plug and play.

If you do decide to buy a Zenmuse then I think you'll be pioneering it for everyone else who might be interested. :shock: Might be worth enquiring in the P2 section to see if anyone has a P2Z and a P2V and is prepared to try plugging their Zenmuse into their Vision and seeing what happens for you...

Thank you !!
I appreciate your response pal :)

Yes it does has 1 zenmuse controller attachment on my P2V board, I was wondering if i miss the 5.8 FPV system.. is it possible I can install a 2.4 fpv system such as lightbridge or else any other you recommend ? :D

I guess using this technique I dont require to get a futuba controller such as P2Z/Lightbridge/Futuba as seen on youtube videos.
and P2V/Zenmuse/Lightbridge/Stock controller will play fair ?

zmaxunder said:
Thank you !!
I appreciate your response pal :)

Yes it does has 1 zenmuse controller attachment on my P2V board, I was wondering if i miss the 5.8 FPV system.. is it possible I can install a 2.4 fpv system such as lightbridge or else any other you recommend ? :D

I guess using this technique I dont require to get a futuba controller such as P2Z/Lightbridge/Futuba as seen on youtube videos.
and P2V/Zenmuse/Lightbridge/Stock controller will play fair ?

The Vision board does have a plug on it that says Zenmuse - but you'll need to trace that and see if it goes anywhere because a port on the board without any gimbal controller circuit/link into the naza isn't going to do anything for you. If it is operational I don't know why DJI didn't release the Vision with a 2 axis gimbal from launch...

Your problem with adding anything is that the Vision doesn't come with a CAN BUS port for plugging the extras into, so stock DJI products like lightbridge, iOSD, etc, won't work. I suppose anything's possible with enough money and electronics skills, but I still think you're going to be better off selling and buying a P2Z you can just plug your GoPro into out of the box...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures