Zenmuse H3-2D Not Working Correctly

Reaction score
Just installed the gimbal on my Phantom 1. Don't have the upgraded board so had to use a PMU. Made sure I had the latest software update. GoPro was mounted on the gimbal. When I power up, the gimbal activates and goes through some rotations on the axis of the two motors and instead of leveling out, over rotates as if it were aiming backward. On occasion the motors will make a subtle grinding noise which will cease when I move the gimbal slightly. Tried calibrating the trim switch but no change. The trim level on the control has some effect on the gimbal, sometimes causing it to adjust in the expected direction (keeping in mind it is in an over rotated position) but sometimes casuing the gimbal to tilt on a different axis. When I tilt the Phantom, the gimbal, while reacting to the tilting, does not compensate in the expected direction. After approximately 20 secs, the gimbal shuts down.

Thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

there are a few posts here on calibrating the gimbal switch..follow them step by step and carefully, if you do the gimbal will work..I had the same problem, but you must follow the steps in order

Pcushing said:
Just installed the gimbal on my Phantom 1. Don't have the upgraded board so had to use a PMU. Made sure I had the latest software update. When I power up, the gimbal activates and goes through some rotations on the axis of the two motors and instead of leveling out, over rotates as if it were aiming backward. On occasion the motors will make a subtle grinding noise which will cease when I move the gimbal slightly. The trim level on the control has some effect on the gimbal, sometimes causing it to adjust in the expected direction (keeping in mind it is in an over rotated position) but sometimes casuing the gimbal to tilt on a different axis. When I tilt the Phantom, the gimbal, while reacting to the tilting, does not compensate in the expected direction. After approximately 20 secs, the gimbal shuts down.

Thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

My first thought is you don't have a GoPro mounted on it. It's balanced for a GoPro, left open it will do all kinds of weird stuff until it goes into hibernation mode. It won't last long doing that without a GoPro on it.

GoPro was mounted and I've tried calibrating the gimbal switch as well (several times). No joy.

Spent 2:03 hours waiting on DJO customer service line, starting at 35 in line crawling to 5 only to be disconnected.

I am feeling your pain... My H3-2D died on the last flight in mid air. It will provide power to the GoPro, but won't fire either motor and I tried all resets, not working at all. I am waiting on customer service to respond too.

Daniel Huang (DJI)
May 09 15:04

Dear Sir,

Please kindly send it in for service.
The gimbal IMU is missing.

However, there's a back door way for your problem and I'm not sure if you could pull it off.

1.As attached, try to wire it up(using a cable or conductor) that two point
2.Power on your phantom and you might find the light in the gimbal turn red
3.Connect your phantom with assistant software and there would be a gimbal IMU in the Upgrade tab
4.Remove the wire and update that IMU
5.Power Cycle
If you try, please let me know if it works.

Best Regards.
u8u9uhy6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks TiberiumKANE. I sent the gimbal in several weeks ago for service. Hopefully they will be able to fix it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl