Zenmuse H3-2D Installation with PMU

Reaction score
I am trying to install my Zenmuse H3-2D on my Phantom 1.1.1 using a PMU instead of the upgrade board and I'm encountering a problem. DJI has a video on its website of how to install this and I followed it exactly. The video shows how and where you solder the PMU power cables. Then it shows how you solder the Zenmuse GCU to the power connections of an ESC. I did this, but when I accessed NAZA Assistant software to add the gimbal, I got this error message:

"There is output control from F1 and F2 ports while opening the gimbal control. Now you should not connect these ports to ESCs which are wired with propeller equipped motors. Confirm to open?"

It sounds like the video and the Assistant Software aren't on the same page. Has anyone encountered this? If so, should I ignore the error warning or are there some other connecdors that I should soldering the GCU to?

Many thanks.

That's a normal warning telling you that you turned on F2 port

Thanks for your note. However, I just found another warning in NAZA Assistant saying "Never connect F1/F2 ports to ESCs wired to motors with propellers when configuring." Evidently, they never saw DJI's video.

I don't mean to question your advice, but are you certain this is okay? Is this the way you wired yours?

I soldered both the Zenmuse and PMU to aux wires (on friends rig) works like a dream. I just ordered a Zenmuse from member here and plan on doing it the same way I did before. I saw DJI's video after the fact. Personally don't like soldering anything to ESCs

I never thought about using the aux wires. Sounds like that may be a better alternative.

Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic