Zenmuse H3-2D from copterdeluxe.de not compatible with p2?

Reaction score
Hello! i bought a DJI Zenmuse H3-2D from copterdeluxe.de (not yet shipped) and now when i started to read (google translate) it says its not compatible with the phantom 2? is that true i tought all Zenmuse H3-2D is compatible with phantom 2? No plug and play? can someone who speaks german look at he site because i just now 1 german word DANKE :)

http://www.copterdeluxe.com/DJI-Zenmuse ... o-Hero-3_1

Re: Zenmuse H3-2D from copterdeluxe.de not compatible with p

Very confusing - i presume you mean this bit?

Compatible with the following DJI flight controls :
The H3 -2D camera mount communicates in real time with the following systems : DJI Wookong -M DJI ; NAZA V2; DJI NAZA V1 ( optional NAZA V2 PMU required) DJI NAZA Phantom ( optional NAZA V2 PMU required).
IMPORTANT: NAZA -LITE and the PHANTOM 2 is not supported!

Do you have the 8pin cable ready to plug into the gimball on your phantom?

You need a different version of the gimbal if you have a phantom2, there is something on the standard version gimbal that is not needed as the phantom2 already has it fitted. Can't remember what it's called but I know the gimbal has to be phantom2 specific.

When i got my p2 at a local shop they sent me home with the wrong 2d gimbal. I was trying to put it all together and the thing that was different was the mounting bracket/ plate. The holes didn't line up. Everything else was the same. I took it back and exchanged it. The shop guys had grabbed the wrong box which had a sticker that says "for phantom 2". I think the shape and hole pattern on the plate that mounts to the bottom of the p2 to hold the anti-jello balls and gimbal, are the only difference.

MontanaMike said:
I think the shape and hole pattern on the plate that mounts to the bottom of the p2 to hold the anti-jello balls and gimbal, are the only difference.

That, and the non-P2 version includes the GCU, which the P2 doesn't need as it's integrated in to the mainboard.

OK I can help as I've just been through this.
The zenmuse that is specifically for the phantom 2 has a specific fixing arrangment and doesnt come with the control unit (some black box that does stuff) and lots of other cables.

The H3-2d that you linked to is for the phantom original. It has a different fixing arrangement.

But it does work with the phantom 2. You don't need the controller box (thing) and you have enough fixings to get it on. (also make sure you use the correct screw length when fixing into the underside of the phantom (too long and you cant slide the battery in)

So in short, its OK. It works absolutely fine, you don't need the additional black box and cables. Research a bit on the fixings and your good to go.

I replaced a phantom 2 standard gimbal after it crashed (oops) with this type and its all fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers