Zenmuse H3-2D Firmware update v1.6 available

Reaction score
How do I upgrade if I have the Phantom Upgrade Board?

When I look at Naza Assistant on the Upgrade page, all I see is
Main Controller (4.02)
GPS (6.0.1.3)
P330CB-H3-2D (1.0.0.9)

I do not see anything for Gimbal

I believe you need to download the Zenmuse assistant software, from the same page The Editor linked above, and then connect straight to its controller via USB.

With the upgrade board there is no USB port other then the original Phantoms port

The release notes state...

Phantom users with the P330CB-H3-2D central board should upgrade their firmware using the latest NAZA-M assistantsoftware. The “V1.4 Gimbal IMU”upgrade can be found on the “Upgrade”page.

I bet a new Naza Assistant Software version will show up soon..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,637
The release notes says that Naza-M Assistant software 2.20 should be able to be used. When they updated the Assistant software a few weeks ago it was also stated in the release notes that firmware 4.02 and Assistant software 2.20 should be able to upgrade the P330CB-H3-2D board but it doesnt look like that at the moment. I cant upgrade either :(

Sorry guys I do not have the P330CB-H3-2D so I could not test.

I run the Zenmuse with the PMU v2 and can confirm that updates all ok.

I took the Zenmuse off my phantom and used an extra 8 pin cable to connect to the GCU that came with the Zenmuse. Plugged in the GCU to my PC with a USB cable and applied power to the GCU.

Installed the Zenmuse Assistant 1.02 and it took the updates.

** Notice that it still says there is update 1.6 available for the main controller, power down and power back up and repeat the process. **

attachmentNew.php

attachmentNew.php

attachmentNew.php

Attachments

• 20131122-102418 FD1_4397 (Medium).jpg
    20131122-102418 FD1_4397 (Medium).jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 1,685
Fdnyfish said:
I took the Zenmuse off my phantom and used an extra 8 pin cable to connect to the GCU that came with the Zenmuse. Plugged in the GCU to my PC with a USB cable and applied power to the GCU.

Sorry, that's the process I was trying to suggest earlier, I didn't do a great job of making it clear though :oops:

Dont need to take out the cgu from the phantom right ? Just power up the phantom and connect the cgu via usb to the pc?

Thanks very much for posting this, one question I'm afraid; what type of cable connects to the laptop, none of my usb cables fit the GCU, is it a standard cable that I need to buy? or did it come with the zenmuse so I just need to look harder for it..., - don't think Ive thrown anything away, but not found any cable yet!!

Fdnyfish said:
Dont need to take out the cgu from the phantom right ? Just power up the phantom and connect the cgu via usb to the pc?

Thanks guys for posting the photos etc, just done the upgrade. It was a disappointment that the zenmuse gave up with fast turns, so now looking forward to flying it and testing. Will also be nice not to have to press the record button so gingerly. Cool!

Wanted to say thanks for this - no more reset after compass dance.
I did notice that even tho it says firmware is 1.6 in the Zenmuse_H3_2D Assistant software it still shows 1.0.0.9 in the Naza Assistant software with no updates.
Gimbal is working fine thank you again.
Craig

Fdnyfish said:

attachmentNew.php

attachmentNew.php

attachmentNew.php

Thanks Fdnyfish, your method worked well.

I upgraded once and it installed 1.4, so I did it again and now it's on 1.6 :)

Thank you Snapdragon, after reading your post and looking at my photos, I only upgraded once to v1.4, I just did it again this morning and now it's at 1.6.

So is 1.0.0.9 the latest version? The latest assist software recognizes the gimbal as P330-CB H3-2D. The previous assist software showed it as GCU, gimbal control unit. End result is, It says its "up to date" as version 1.0.0.9. I really don't feel like taking the gimbal off and hooking it directly to computer. Looks like that's the only way right now. Am I wrong?

I submitted a problem report to DJI about this. Here is what I submitted and their response.

Trying to update the Zenmuse H3-D2 gimble with the P330CB-H3-2D board. It says \"Phantom users with the P330CB-H3-2D central board should upgrade their firmware using the latest NAZA-M assistant software. The V1.4 Gimbal IMU upgrade can be found on the upgrade page\" In the upgrade section of the naza assistant it says I\'m using P330CB-H3-2D firmware v 1.0.0.9 and no update. I am using the Naza software 2.2 Naza firmware 4.02 Am I missing something here?

Dear,

We find this BUG. We are working hard for it.
When we are receive new news we will contact your ASAP.

Thanks your understand.

DJI SUPPORT DEPARTMENT

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20