ZenMuse H3-2D and Hero 3+

Reaction score
I am researching gimballs for GoPro 3+

I want to use the Zenmuse H3-2D as the base for a hand held steadycan for my GoPro 3+.

Does the H3-2D supports the GoPro 3+ ?

Can I use the Gimball in standalone mode with the right 12v power supply ?

Does it come with everything needed to run ?

What else does it need to work ?

I am not able to get any support from GoPro, how is the support from DGI ?

Thanks !

I don't see why a person couldn't do this. Kinda similar to the Movi rig from Cinestar/Freefly I guess but for a GoPro.

Yes the H3D2 will work with a 3+, not to worry. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but to make the steady cam idea work with this, you'll need the DJI Naza M V2 fight controller to feed pitch and roll info to the gimbal. I don't know however if you coud do this with a 12v power supply, or if you'd need a lipo battery like what the Phantom runs on. Could always try looking on EBay for a wrecked Phantom 2 you can scavenge for the parts.

One idea is to watch a few tutorial videos on YouTube showing people how to install the gimbal onto a Phantom. That should give you a very good idea of how it's set up and what all is needed to make it work. Then adjust the info as needed to match the hand-held rig you're building for the gimbal.

Cool idea :D

Hi,

Thanks HeliRy,

No problem to get a original Phantom battery but you mentioned :

"you'll need the DJI Naza M V2 fight controller to feed pitch and roll info to the gimbal"

I am surprised you suggest that the Helicopter controller is supplying this information to the gimbal. I thought the gimbal itself was supposed to do this ?!? When they say they need to "calibrate" the gimbal do they mean in reference to the current position feed by the helicopter controller ?

If this is the case I will need to rethinking what I wanted to do... :-(

I wouldn't go with the Zenmuse unless you own it already. For a hand held gimbal I would go with a 3-axis AlexMos based gimbal. The newer boads support joystick input and variable tolerance, meaning minor movements are absorbed, but major movement makes the camera move in a fluent way. Furthermore you would be able to upgrade wuth bigger brushless motors later on to acommodate a DSLR. Be sure to go with a gimbal that can be mounted upside down, or better yet, build one yourself :)

DKDarkness said:
I wouldn't go with the Zenmuse unless you own it already. For a hand held gimbal I would go with a 3-axis AlexMos based gimbal. The newer boads support joystick input and variable tolerance, meaning minor movements are absorbed, but major movement makes the camera move in a fluent way. Furthermore you would be able to upgrade wuth bigger brushless motors later on to acommodate a DSLR. Be sure to go with a gimbal that can be mounted upside down, or better yet, build one yourself :)

+1

Don't bother going the H3-2D route for handheld you will end up tearing your hair out. The Zenmuse will only work if it connected to the Naza.
There is no way to adjust the PID's on the zenmuse or power to the motors all of which can be done with 3rd party gimbals.

I own a H3-2D and an Arris CM3000 and I will take the CM3000 over the Zenmuse any day.

Wow, thanks guys for your input.

I was very impressed by this demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVp7-sGSHQY

Seems this complete setup can run standalone properly... And 3 axis is a bonus !

Now I need to see if this is available where I temporarily live right now in Dubai... Will continue investigation.

Thanks again !

The Editor said:
DKDarkness said:
I own a H3-2D and an Arris CM3000 and I will take the CM3000 over the Zenmuse any day.

I find it very difficult to find any info on the Arris gimbal...

Who makes it ?

Where is the best place to buy ?

Thanks !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj