Zenmuse H2 3D on Phantom Vision

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Zenmuse on the PV, in a video on youtube there is a guy who is doing a Futaba conversion and he shows the inside with a Zenmuse connector..wonder if this is the same as the Zenmuse controler all ready built into the PV

would love to add the zenmuse to the PV

I wonder if there's a way to retrofit the phantom vision camera on the zenmuse H2-3D, on a phantom vision.

I know the picture quality is inferior compared to the Hero, but this way you can retain FPV life streaming with the app without much hacks/rewiring.

The antena for the video is in the camera itself, Did not picture it but looked inside...

There are 2 antena squares one each side..so remove the camera and the WIFI is lost..

the cable from the PV is data and Power from the Mainboard.

What would be interesting is if the PV mainboard has like the IOSD mini built in.

I hope DJI bring our a mod lit to allow for a connection to the PV main board to get all the data and a 2.4Mhz video transmitter to then allow us to use all the Zenmuse and IOSD data to send down from a Zenmuse..

Otherwise why build all the connectors into the PV mainboard.

paramanch36 said:
Has anyone tried the Zenmuse on the PV, in a video on youtube there is a guy who is doing a Futaba conversion and he shows the inside with a Zenmuse connector..wonder if this is the same as the Zenmuse controler all ready built into the PV

would love to add the zenmuse to the PV

I hacked the Zenmuse onto my Vision but it required adding the controller board, a PMUv2 and a Spektrum transmitter/receiver to get everything to work. I get 15 minutes flight with 20% battery left.

Given that I had to gut the Vision to do this it isn't really a practical mod. The best solution would be to buy the Phantom2 that is set up for the H3-2D gimbal. Plus, DroneFly has a bundle that includes the gimbal for only $200 more:http://www.dronefly.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=P2Gimbal

Interesting topic you have here guys. However I would like to know how did you guys do it. As mention earlier, an update on the firmware will make it work. Can anyone give details on that? Will the tilting work? Posting photos will be helpful too. My phantom vision 2 is coming in the next few weeks. I just realized that the camera installed is not as good as the GoPro and it seems to be shaky when doing a recording. And I know the zenmuse gimbal is needed to rectify it. I just hope its compatible with the new phantom 2 vision

netphreak said:
I hooked up a zenmuse to a vision, it works perfectly. you just need to update the firmware on the mainboard and GCU.

Were you able to get the tilt control working?

Thanks,

D

netphreak said:
I hooked up a zenmuse to a vision, it works perfectly. you just need to update the firmware on the mainboard and GCU.

Alot of users are saying they've had problems getting it to work properly on the vision. Perhaps the latest firmware update for the gimbal is what has solved the problem for you? Let us know!

And, check out this video. As I said, a lot of people have tried with no luck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhrVaDR3fhA

dyarza said:
netphreak said:

Were you able to get the tilt control working?

Thanks,

D

Hi DYRAZA, ... I tried to respond to your PM but I get a message saying I am unable to post PMs (apparently because I am too new a member and I haven't participated enough). I had to install the Naza PMUv2 and Zenmuse controller board and then added a Spektrum receiver and DX8 radio so I can assign the tilt to a knob. I would be happy to provide you and any other member more information but it kind of sux to be unable to send PMs. Maybe you can PM one of the board administrators on my behalf to see if they will activate my PM privileges so I can correspond with you.

Thanks vislaw,

I'm not sure why you can't PM, I'm new to the forum myself and yours was the first I tried. Weird.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation. If you have any further details, I know many other people have been trying to do this with no luck, so posting here would be most welcome.

Cheers,

D

So, while I work on getting the tilt to work, with vislaw's suggestions, or by other means, here is a little more detail on what I have done.

Installing the Zenmuse was very straight forward and I just plugged into the Zenmuse port in the Vision's board. I bypassed the PMU and GCU all together and it's all good.

In the meantime of course, I have no FPV, and while there are ways to add that, for now I rigged the Vision's camera to act as a fixed FPV so I can have the video and telemetry as the GoPro captures the good stuff from the gimbal.

Here are a few pics of the install on a 3D printed bracket. I made a couple of iterations of it and I'm sure I still don't have it quite right. Next I'll also print an enclosure for the camera.

Sure, the Vision is really not meant for this, and there are better ways to arrive at a gimbal setup with FPV, but this has turned out to be a very fun project. Yet, it really irks me that DJI would restrict access to features thru the firmware. They got my money, I already bought the Vision and the Zenmuse from them. I don't know what they gain by restricting those of us that might want to tinker with it.

photo%201.JPG

photo%202.JPG

photo%203.JPG

photo%204.JPG

photo%205.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub