Zenmuse gimbal not straight?

Reaction score
Hi, I just recently had a crash from about 4m high onto grass. The transmitter came off taking the 8pin cable connector with it, but I managed to get a replacement. I think the gimbal may also be damaged...as you can see from the pics, it is angled slightly, but i'm not sure if this how it is supposed to be. Also when powered on, the gimbal jitters whenever the drone is leaning to either side. Any ideas what I can do?

Attachments

• IMG_20140301_200253.jpg
    IMG_20140301_200253.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_20140301_200353.jpg
    IMG_20140301_200353.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 708
if thats a P2, the bottom bracket is horribly weak. It probably just got bent up. You can try and bend it back or buy a replacement for $75. Maybe someday a more rugged, plastic, aftermarket option will be available. I certainly hope so.

Managed to bend the arms back to a straighter position. But i'm still worried about the gimbal itself, it vibrates and jitters whenever the drone is rolling full left or right, and sometimes will not re-orientate itself immediately. I read in the manual that when it is subjected to excessive force the gimbal will go into Hibernation mode - to correct it you do a power cycle. Does this mean just turn the Phantom on and off again? Or take the camera out, turn on/off, replace camera, turn on?

I dont know what to say about the jittering. I would imagine by power cycling, it would be just to turn everything off and back on. I doubt youd need to remove the camera and do anything like that, but I really dont know. Im having some issues with my gimbal right now after upgrading the firmware and nothing Ive read to try has made it any better. good luck!

Sounds to me like you need to re calibrate the gimbal. Make sure you do it with both the tx and the phantom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers