Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Zenmuse Gimbal Lock Add-on

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-2D GoPro Gimbal' started by thedjiguy, May 28, 2014.

1. thedjiguy

2. QYV

QYV

I acquired one and posted about this about a month ago, great product I definitely 2nd the recommendation.

I believe there are Phantom 1 and Phantom 2 versions so be sure you get the right one!

3. falcon20cne

I posted one on thingiverse a few days ago if you have a 3d printer. I wanted one that would protect the lens and not require any additional parts

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:331965

sorry if this is you on shapeways, not trying to take away from anybody's products, just trying to offer a free solution.

4. QYV

QYV

me too, not trying to steal anybody's thunder just chatting... I know what you mean the gopro lens also needs to be protected, so I acquired this 3-pack of naked GoPro lens covers for $10 from Amazon

so tell us about the part that covers the lens in that product? is there something soft inside? I would think if it's just raw plastic right there next to the lens there's a bit of a chance for scratching?

5. falcon20cne

The part that covers the lens is actually about 3-4mm off the lens. It is further held off by the area of the gimbal mount that is taller than the GoPro if that makes sense. In other words the physical dimensions of the gimbal/GoPro with the cover installed will not allow the cover to contact the lens. I personally also took some self stick Velcro (the soft side) and stuck that into the inside of the portion of the cover that the lens is behind. I figured that this is relatively lent free and will further protect the lens while installing the cover.

hopefully the picture helps

Attached Files:

6. QYV

QYV

yea cool idea thanks!

7. walexx

Heres one for only $9.99 http://shpws.me/wBZB They make em for both the H3-3D and H3-2D gimbal.

[​IMG]