Zenmuse GCU upgrade board - adjusting settings?

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm progressively get more annoyed with the 'safety feature' on the zenmuse gimbal shutting it down mid flight if I fly too aggressively. Sadly I have the GCU upgrade board so I can't connect the setting utility :(

Is there any other way to change the GCU settings on the upgrade board?

Cheers :)

There is not, but even if you had the separate GCU, I still don't believe there is a setting in the H3-2D Assistant to adjust the hibernate/sleep parameters. The Zenmuse is a videography gimbal, after all -- it was designed with the assumption that someone shooting video is going to fly as stable as possible with careful control inputs. Aggressive/sport flying is more the realm of FPV, for which you probably don't need/want a gimbal.

The challenge of course is that often you may want to mix both styles of flying in a single flight -- and that's where the Zenmuse is likely to shut down on you. To be fair, it should only take a short nap if you exceed the design parameters briefly; it won't completely hibernate until it's gone way past the limits for a few seconds.

The first time It shuts down its not really a problem as it only goes off for a few seconds, but on the second time it shuts down until I cycle the battery, which is REALLY annoying :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj