Zenmuse for Go Pro 4. Any news?

GhostMaster said:
A new phantom will be released soon. I bet a new zenmuse too.

seriously, I'd love for you to be right. I'd much rather have a Zenmuse XX-3D gimbal designed specifically for hero4

QYV said:
GhostMaster said:
A new phantom will be released soon. I bet a new zenmuse too.

seriously, I'd love for you to be right. I'd much rather have a Zenmuse XX-3D gimbal designed specifically for hero4
Something from the phantom line is coming out soon, confirmed by a DJI employee...

QYV said:
I'm curious about this myself. looking forward to hearing if anyone has solid info about DJI making a Zenmuse designed and balanced for the Hero4, I just can't get my H3-3D and Hero4 to work perfectly, slight horizon imbalance

Zenmuse H33D works just fine with gopro 4.

Anyone getting Jello on their H3-3D with Hero 4 Black? I'm using the stock white dampers. Getting some wobble for some reason. I haven't balanced the gimbal with the coin yet, will try that but wondering if anyone experienced the same thing before balancing?

airdrone said:
Zenmuse H33D works just fine with gopro 4.

"works just fine with " and "was designed for, can be used without user modification" are two different things mate. The H3-3D was factory balanced for the Hero3, not the Hero4, period. and then there's the issue of the wireless button. If you don't know what I'm referring to backread this thread I'm not typing it out again but yes, some people's work with minimal modification and others have to literally grind off part of the gimbal plate to make it work.

Having recently bought a Phantom 2 MK2 & h3-3d gimble + gopro 4 black I can also confirm mine leans to the left. I tried using double sided tape to secure a 1p peace to the motor to balance it, but the motor made weird noises & the camera stuck...pointing straight down to the deck.
I might add weight to the arm instead of the motor to balance it. Shooting in 2k7 & 50fps means I can crop down to full HD & level up the horizon in sony vegas ;)

Ross

One of the other RC sites has a DJI rep telling us that new firmware is forthcoming to address the Zenmuse 3d and Hero 4 compatibility issue(s):

"The solution will be forthcoming. Please be patient for a few weeks while the firmware is upgraded. Again thank you all for bringing this to our attention so we can fix it. Tahoe Ed"

Word on the street about adding weight to the gimbal is to do it behind the camera and not on the sides. Mine for one never balances with side weights---although some have done the dime thing successfully, mine doesn't respond.

As far as Airdrone's comment that the gimbal and Hero 4 work fine together, though I am not knowledgeable enough to personally have an opinion, I can say that there is some talk out there about premature gimbal life expectancy in adding weights etc. to the gimbal. Additional weights may only be a quick fix and not the most constructive solution in the long run. The other issue is that we should not have to, on a product that is so expensive, make post video horizontal adjustments or be grinding gimbals. My Hero 4 also does not set level horizontally, but this promised firmware should correct these issues (I hope).

Ed

ems1016 said:
One of the other RC sites has a DJI rep telling us that new firmware is forthcoming to address the Zenmuse 3d and Hero 4 compatibility issue(s):

"The solution will be forthcoming. Please be patient for a few weeks while the firmware is upgraded. Again thank you all for bringing this to our attention so we can fix it. Tahoe Ed"

Word on the street about adding weight to the gimbal is to do it behind the camera and not on the sides. Mine for one never balances with side weights---although some have done the dime thing successfully, mine doesn't respond.

As far as Airdrone's comment that the gimbal and Hero 4 work fine together, though I am not knowledgeable enough to personally have an opinion, I can say that there is some talk out there about premature gimbal life expectancy in adding weights etc. to the gimbal. Additional weights may only be a quick fix and not the most constructive solution in the long run. The other issue is that we should not have to, on a product that is so expensive, make post video horizontal adjustments or be grinding gimbals. My Hero 4 also does not set level horizontally, but this promised firmware should correct these issues (I hope).

Ed
I do the coin balancing trick and was pleased with the results.
You can hear the slight hum of the motors working, but that's unavoidable, balanced or not.

Cloud9 said:
ems1016 said:

Ed
I do the coin balancing trick and was pleased with the results.
You can hear the slight hum of the motors working, but that's unavoidable, balanced or not.

After a bit of trial and error, I used two pennies to balance mine out and it now works flawlessly. I put one on the side servo as seen in other pictures, and one top center on the back of the camera (back of the cradle). I'm even able to use a light ND filter now. I'm sure the forthcoming firmware fix will help, but if you need something now, give this a try.

ems1016 said:

"The solution will be forthcoming. Please be patient for a few weeks"

When was this statement made?

smole said:
ems1016 said:

"The solution will be forthcoming. Please be patient for a few weeks"

When was this statement made?

I don't think the rep specifically addressed any Hero 4 issues. It was in respect of the H3-3D (any gopro Hero 3/4) starting in the down position.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2290763

The discussion unfortunately is about the gimbal starting in the down position when using the Phantom 2 V2. It is not about the GoPro Hero 4 and the H3-3D gimbal.

I'm still not sure if i should go for the GPH3+ black and the h3-3d or wait for a proper solution so i can use the Hero 4.

smole said:
The discussion unfortunately os about the gimbal starting in the down position when using the Phantom 2 V2. It is not about the GoPro Hero 4 and the H3-3D gimbal.

I'm still not sure if i should go for the GPH3+ black and the h3-3d or wait for a proper solution so i can use the Hero 4.

If it's worth anything, got my Hero 4 black the other day, and just installed it on my new H3-3D FPV with no issues. Didn't grind any bracket or anything. I just stuck some coins on it to balance as per this vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYPur4DrWq0

I'd say go for it.

You didn't have to grind the area of the side button? Mine would make contact once in awhile and would switch functions randomly. I ended up grinding mine. How much clearance do you have doesn't your bracket cover a piece of the button?

arizeda said:
smole said:
The discussion unfortunately os about the gimbal starting in the down position when using the Phantom 2 V2. It is not about the GoPro Hero 4 and the H3-3D gimbal.

If it's worth anything, got my Hero 4 black the other day, and just installed it on my new H3-3D FPV with no issues. Didn't grind any bracket or anything. I just stuck some coins on it to balance as per this vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYPur4DrWq0

I'd say go for it.

Cebu said:
You didn't have to grind the area of the side button? Mine would make contact once in awhile and would switch functions randomly. I ended up grinding mine. How much clearance do you have doesn't your bracket cover a piece of the button?

Never had a problem. It does cover a part of the side button but doesn't press it in.

Anyways, the H4-3D is here now which was made for the GPH4

I'm using the H3-3D with a GoPro 4 Silver and it works perfectly. I didn't have to grind down any parts or make other similar modifications.

I use my GoPro with a modified Vision+ quad. When I first upgraded a had a horrible squealing noise in the audio plus horizontal interference lines in the video. I then removed +5V and 0V from the USB connector going to the Hero+ (I was using a Hero3+ for testing)
Removing the 5V power lines got rid of the interference in the Hero3+ video. However I did still have an aweful 50Hz hum in the audio.

Once I upgraded to a Hero 4 Silver the hum disappeared. Now video and audio are perfect. Plus I get FPV video feed and telemetry in the DJI app on my Android phone.

I hope everyone else can achieve a similar positive experience.

With your working H3-3D/GP4S is the +5 and 0 volts still removed from the usb connector to the gopro? I have a H3-3D with GP4S with IOSDII and NazaV2-F550 and have power and several other issues with it. It will power up OK but in order to record I have to power it off/back on then hit record.

Cebu said:

fwiw, I'm on my second H3-3D now - on my first one, the gopros were super tight in the mounting plate (like I didn't even have to use the mounting arm, there's NO WAY the gopro would fall out) and indeed on that one I had to grind off a little bit for the Hero 4 so the button wasn't always pressed.

I crashed that gimbal and got a new one, in the new one gopros are quite loose in the mounting plate and the button isn't pressed, I can actually press and use the button like normal with the gopro installed in the H3-3D

my point is, there's definitely some variance in the production of the H3-3D, at least in the mounting plate. It's also not surprising considering the balance issues so many people have. So really everyone is right... in some H3-3D the gopro is tight, the side button presses and modifications must be done. in other cases it's not necessary.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl