Zenmuse alternative?

Reaction score
not sure if this has been discussed here or not but is Zenmuse either h3-3d or h3-2d the only "popular"
gimbal for Phantom 2's ? i know others exist.

i am looking to find out if anyone is using something similar to zenmuse with comparable results
like tilt control from the receiver with a lever on the back and FPV options with osd and such.

thanks

hunch said:
FPV options with osd and such.
thanks

protip: the gimbal is ONLY for stabilizing a camera (gopro typically on a Phantom) during flight.

The video signal coming out of said camera, any OSD info, or FPV transmission is completely separate.
OSD info is handled by an iOSD Mini, for example.
FPV is.. whatever transmitter you decide and all the supplementary equipment you need (cables for Phantom, receiver/display, etc)

The Zenmuse H3-3D is basically the easiest (not necessarily the cheapest) option since it was designed by DJI to go specifically with the Phantom 2 and GoPro, so it's probably the most compatible, with firmware updates coming from the same Assistant software you use with the Phantom, so you don't have to keep track of any separate software or anything.
Using a H3-3D also lets you use an easy plug-and-play cable for your video transmitter/iOSDmini so no splicing or soldering

that being said, there are indeed cheaper gimbals out there but I don't think they integrate with the Phantom quite the same so you have to manually splice your FPV cables, like the output from the gopro to the iOSD Mini, and then from the iOSD Mini to whatever transmitter you choose.

If you want to learn more about everything involved in FPV, check out the FPV forum there's tons of info there

Thanks for the explanation QYV.
i have in-depth knowledge about all this and why zenmuse (dji product). i was just wondering if there are people
out there that are using something else but dji's zenmuse.

ah I see. A+ for trying to put the thread in a specific forum, but if you're looking for people NOT using a H3-3D, you'll probably have more luck in the FPV or General forums, since if they DON'T have a H3-3D, they probably aren't watching the H3-3D specific forum ;)

Just hope you don't ever have to send it in for repair... DJI sucks in the service department. They have mine right now, only 3 months old, and turnaround time is "only" 4-6 weeks.

ushobby.com said:
Just buy it from an authorized repair center. Were flipping warranty repairs within 24 hours :)

Would you happen to have the ability to roll back the firmware on my h3-3d? I just got mine back from DJI, and they upgraded the firmware to 1.10. So now my gimbal control doesn't work like I want it to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1