Zenmuse acting wierd/ crash

Reaction score
I'm a newbie here in desperate need of info. Was flying my Phantom 2 today FPV using the zenmuse H2 3d gimble and a go cam as my fpv cam. Kept noticing the cam turning to the left as if though I was banking a turn. I was going forward. It would straighten up for a bit, then do it again. Then all of a sudden, the P2 came crashing down in a wobbly flat spin. Still had 57% battery left.
I was told that I should not have attached the USB cable to feed my imersion TX to the side of the camera. It puts a load on the motors in the gimble. Was the gimble fighting to stay level and burned up the motor thus freaking out the naza imu? I realized that I could have used the wires in the P2 to feed the video to the TX.
Now when I fire up,the P2 the gimble tilts fine, and stays level when tipped, but when I hold the P2 flat and rotate it, the gimble try's to tip the cam. Then it levels out and the rear motor buzzes.
So would a pissed off gimble influence the Naza controller? I actually flew the P2 with the cam and zenmuse with out the cord plugged in the side of the cam and had a perfect flight before today when all heck broke loose.
I have not had a chance to fly the P2 without the zenmuse to rule out a bad naza IMU. Totaled out all 4 props and the prop guards which proved to be useless.
I did perform a test on the IMU in the assist software and everything looked good. I have a feeling I just trashed a 359.00 zenmuse.
I only had 2 flights on the zenmuse. Think DJI will help me out?
So what do you all think?
Thanks for your help!

Justgregg said:
I'm a newbie here in desperate need of info. Was flying my Phantom 2 today FPV using the zenmuse H2 3d gimble and a go cam as my fpv cam. Kept noticing the cam turning to the left as if though I was banking a turn. I was going forward. It would straighten up for a bit, then do it again. Then all of a sudden, the P2 came crashing down in a wobbly flat spin. Still had 57% battery left.
I was told that I should not have attached the USB cable to feed my imersion TX to the side of the camera. It puts a load on the motors in the gimble. Was the gimble fighting to stay level and burned up the motor thus freaking out the naza imu? I realized that I could have used the wires in the P2 to feed the video to the TX.
Now when I fire up,the P2 the gimble tilts fine, and stays level when tipped, but when I hold the P2 flat and rotate it, the gimble try's to tip the cam. Then it levels out and the rear motor buzzes.
So would a pissed off gimble influence the Naza controller? I actually flew the P2 with the cam and zenmuse with out the cord plugged in the side of the cam and had a perfect flight before today when all heck broke loose.
I have not had a chance to fly the P2 without the zenmuse to rule out a bad naza IMU. Totaled out all 4 props and the prop guards which proved to be useless.
I did perform a test on the IMU in the assist software and everything looked good. I have a feeling I just trashed a 359.00 zenmuse.
I only had 2 flights on the zenmuse. Think DJI will help me out?
So what do you all think?
Thanks for your help!

I had a similar problem after a crash. I contacted DJI Los Angelos via e-mail and they replied within 3 days. They provided a RMA number to put on the box and to ship the gimbal to them. I should know within 2-3 weeks on what the outcome will be. Good Luck!

Please let me know how that went and how much it cost you. I think my problem was I had the USB cable from read y made rc plugged in the side of the gopro. The drag on the gimble was making the zenmuse time out and flop to one side. I kept flying when it did this and when it reconnected it freaked out the IMU in the P2. I have it flying again but now I have a slight twitch problem. I think I have a damaged motor from the crash. I'm going to upgrade the motors anyway, so hope that solves the problem.
Good luck!

Justgregg said:
Please let me know how that went and how much it cost you. I think my problem was I had the USB cable from read y made rc plugged in the side of the gopro. The drag on the gimble was making the zenmuse time out and flop to one side. I kept flying when it did this and when it reconnected it freaked out the IMU in the P2. I have it flying again but now I have a slight twitch problem. I think I have a damaged motor from the crash. I'm going to upgrade the motors anyway, so hope that solves the problem.
Good luck!

Your going to upgrade the motors on your DJI Gimbal? Is that possible??

FYI - I just received an e-mail from DJI Lost Angelos that my gimbal has been fixed and is being sent to shipping. The best part, "No Charge"...........nice!!! Not bad, it only took two weeks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl