Zenmuse 3d/Phantom CofG

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to fix the occasional left leg in shot problem on my Phantom.

Has anyone tried successfully moving the Zenmuse gimbal forward about 1/2" or so ?

A bracket, motor clearance hole and ground clearance isn't a problem but I'm concerned shifting the CofG forward that much might be a step too far for the motors and controller in gusty conditions. Does anyone have any practical experience of this, TA ?

WessexWyvern said:

Has anyone tried successfully moving the Zenmuse gimbal forward about 1/2" or so ?

A bracket, motor clearance hole and ground clearance isn't a problem but I'm concerned shifting the CofG forward that much might be a step too far for the motors and controller in gusty conditions. Does anyone have any practical experience of this, TA ?

I modified the left landing leg and, practically speaking, removed it from the shot. I'd like to see a better solution, perhaps carbon fibre landing gear which would look a bit like kangaroo legs. This would remove both of the front legs from the shot. Here's a thread I posted a few days back.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14084

WessexWyvern said:

Actually, if you have any doubts that the Phantom's COG will be effected by moving the gimbal slightly forward, this video should eradicate those doubts. HeliPal is flying a Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal but with the addition of a second GoPro suspended about 1.5ft in front of the Phantom on a carbon fibre pole. It doesn't appear to have any effect on stability at all.
http://youtu.be/uV6GvDui93s

Cheers
Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31