zemuse 3h-2d and go pro3+ (go pro battery discussion)

Reaction score
Hello!
I am new here and i am from Greece.
I purchase before 2 days a Phantom 2 with a 3H-2D gimbal.
As i was reading the manual of Zenmuse i read this : "make sure to use the original battery (speaks for go pro 3);otherwise it may end up with worse performance or either internal malfunction"(speaks for Zenmuse Gimbal).
I have a go pro 3+ black edition and the battery is not in a good contition.I know that zenmuse gimbal charges Go pro when you install the camera on it , and you will not have to worry about your battery lifetime .The original battery is 1180mAh i thing.
I was thinking to purchase from e-bay a pack of 2 go pro (not original)batteries 1600mAh each (to have more time to capture with go pro) and wondering if someone have use his go pro with higher capacity battery on zenmuse.
I can not understand why not to use higher capacity battery when you connect go pro on zenmuse...

I want to thank you and say sorry for my bad english...

I am looking forward for your answers...!

Tzanetis Panagiotis

It's to do with the weight of the battery. So long as it is very similar, the higher capacity batteries will be fine.

A poor battery will mean the Go-pro will be charging all the time, so your flight battery will have to work a bit harder.

Do not run without a battery, as this will unbalance the gimbal and could cause voltage issues for the Go-Pro.

thank you the reply Noiseboy72..

So you say that if i fly with a bigger capacity battery (for example 1600 mAh battery) zenmuse will not have any problem..
Of course i will not run the gimbal without battery in gopro..
Have you done it??Have you flown with go pro and a higher capacity battery in it?
Sorry if i am so detailed but i have spend a lot of money to phantom Zenmuse gopro osd mini e.t.c. and i want to be absolutely sure that there will be no problem with all this stuff..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj