Yup Screen mirroring Android to Android

Reaction score
Hello Just a heads up . You can share your screen to another using a free app (well if you like it you register) .
I have taken my samsung galaxy note 2 shared to my android tablet connected to the phantom wireless AP using the app called mirrorop . one will be the sender and one setup as the receiver . I haven't tried an actual flight with it but it does connect and I was watching all the action from the camera on my tablet and my phone was running the DJI app .

So in short I took my galaxy Note 2 connected to DJI vision app . mirrored that to my tablet via the phantom wifi AP

Pull_Up said:
Is it mirroring via WiFi on your home network, by creating a hotspot or something else? Just wondering if it would affect Vision WiFi performance (either app streaming performance or vision WiFi range)...

I am disconnecting from from home network .. doing all the things .. tx on repeater on .. phantom on .. then connecting my phone to the phantom_XXX network ..connect tablet to phantom_XXX network .. run mirrorop sender on phone ..run mirrorop receiver on tablet .. then I run DJi vision app on phone and mirror that to the tablet

Pull_Up said:
Ah, so it's using the extender's network... hopefully that doesn't compromise your fpv wifi performance once you get a bit of distance on it. Let us know how it goes on a field test.

It will be a while .. weather not so good . I am sure so folks with nicer weather will be able to confirm

Heads up. I don't want to dissuade you in any way (please do try it.) Just in my experience, this will dramatically reduce the range and reliability of the P2V wifi. So much so that I now "forget" the P2V network on everything (tablets / phones) that I have except for the phone that I use to connect to the P2V.
It perplexed me for a while why my range would be dramatically less from one flight to another. Turns out that it was my tablet waking up on it's own and connecting to the P2V network. At one time I liked to switch between tablet and phone (depending on the size of the screen I wanted on a given flight.) I finally diagnosed it to this and since forgetting the network on my tablets and other phones, the problem has been eliminated.

Might work better for you, but for me this was a major frustration, so thought I would share.

themosttoys said:
Heads up. I don't want to dissuade you in any way (please do try it.) Just in my experience, this will dramatically reduce the range and reliability of the P2V wifi. So much so that I now "forget" the P2V network on everything (tablets / phones) that I have except for the phone that I use to connect to the P2V.
It perplexed me for a while why my range would be dramatically less from one flight to another. Turns out that it was my tablet waking up on it's own and connecting to the P2V network. At one time I liked to switch between tablet and phone (depending on the size of the screen I wanted on a given flight.) I finally diagnosed it to this and since forgetting the network on my tablets and other phones, the problem has been eliminated.

Might work better for you, but for me this was a major frustration, so thought I would share.

So have you used this app? I just was messing around with these and found that this worked . Also are you using any of the repeater mods out there . Again I just found this and the weather is not so good to try

streetcreep said:
So have you used this app? Dont need to use an app. Just connecting multiple devices to the P2V wifi will cause the problem (just the connection, no activity).

I just was messing around with these and found that this worked . It will work in that you can connect multiple devices to the P2V wifi network, the problem is that in my experience with more then one device connected, the range will suffer greatly and the connection will drop much easier.

Also are you using any of the repeater mods out there . Yup, search my posts, I've done them all and some. Again I just found this and the weather is not so good to try No worries, I just wanted to let others know that after they do this, if they are having trouble with range or inconsistent connection that this is a likely cause. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl