Yuneec Q500 Typhoon ?

Reaction score
Just wondered if any one has seen one of these in the flesh .Very tempted to purchase and the you tube video's seem ok .

Get it. You wont be sorry! I spent over 2 months researching before buying my first quad. Was buying for a once-in-a-lifetime father/son trip that we're leaving on in June, that we are documenting. I researched based on many criteria and settled on the Q500. Im very intrigued with Plexidrone and Hexo+ as well, but they just pushed out their delivery dates to the end of this year and that wont work for me.

Although its a little bigger (~ 19x19 without props) and a tad more challenging to pack, there are many reasons for choosing it. Its built solid. better than expected. The company behind it seems to be pretty established and committed to the market. Software updates can add features even though they may not have it today.

It flies very well. Very stable. Even in wind it holds pretty consistent. Out of the box, as a new pilot. And I mean, new! I've never flown any quad copter. I flew a few RC planes 30years ago as a kid (caveat: I am a real pilot and understand flying), but I had never flown one of these before last week. I unboxed, watched Ralf's videos on youtube and went to the backyard. My yard has lots of trees and a few open spaces to get to clear sky. My intention was to just launch, rotate, move forwards back, side to side and land. After doing that, I ended up navigating around the trees at low level, over the pool, across the deck and back to a different landing spot. VERY smooth and far easier to control than I ever would have expected. Second flight, up through the holes in the tree branches, over the house and to the front and back.

The video is quite good. Again, VERY stable. This quad is nice, relatively fast, easy to fly. Im couldnt be happier with it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1