Yuneec Financial Woahs Continue.

Reaction score
The story of Yuneec has been ongoing. In this latest dilema, the drone giant has gone through a myriad of layoffs. Yuneec’s offering a hex called Typhoon H and the selfie Breeze are seen as strong contenders. In fact, the Breeze recently introduced a live stream on Facebook and other social media forums. Unfortunately, all of these were not immune to the winds of change within the drone industry.

1*io8uLC0u51j2ntSEdI6jKg.png

In this latest chapter, a number of protesters from distributers and suppliers stand outside demanding payment of services. Perhaps a bigger question will be where does the drone industry go from here. Competition is always great for the consumer. What, if any effect will this have on other drone companies?

1*pzsiRV8pBMRDYnQ5ojqhSw.png

When Yuneec released the Breeze, it was ahead of the curve with Go Pro’s Karma and DJI’s Mavic in tow. Checkout this review of the Breeze vs. the Hover vs. Zerotech Dobby.

Well I agreed that competition is good for the consumers but always, the powerful and more versatile win the market and DJI have over 80% world-wide of the drone market. So, it's not surprising that other drone companies are starting to falling down.

Whatever happens I hope it is for the best.

Yuneec had/has a real walk-in service facility in Los Angeles for their products where you could get parts and service and not like DJI that produces an often bug-ridden product which is overpriced for what little service is offered behind a "No customers allowed" locked gate that is only allowed for UPS/FedEx deliveries. I've often thought "Expensive Chinese Junk" in dealing with DJI at times. Their BBB DJI LLC ( BBB Accredited Business Review for DJI Service, LLC. ) isn't stellar either if one reads the complaints for their A- rating which seems a paid higher score than it should be. Some who spends $6,200 for an Inspire 2 with the X5S camera and cinema licenses that need to go in for service get a refurbished (used) model back without the licenses installed for the repair effort, and then the need to request and wait for service to fix that license matter in another month of emails. Really is poor service and I feel sorry for their online reps who try and help, but it's a mess for them too.

Competition may be better for us, but DJI is becoming a monopoly and very questionable quality control and poor service. With cities governments becoming more anti-drone I don't think the industry will grow much. Even the South Park TV show took some potshots at drones and put them in an unfavorable light with the police shooting down Neighborhood Watch drones.

Appreciate the thoughts on both parts. As far as the reputation of drones, it may always be in a mixed review. As long as common sense is not so common.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20