Youtube Video awful

Uploading 4k/2.7k is a waste of time as there probably only 1% or less that have a 4k monitor to view the footage. Should just down-rez the footage to either 1080p/720p and upload in H264 wrapper which make for a much smaller file to upload.

uploading a 4k video @ 4k resolution will still look better @ 1080 then 1080 by itself.

Reactions: mikesmiley
holy crap, hahahah I was reading what I wrote after I just posted that, and started to think, I didn't mention 2.7k I specifically stated 4k, then realized Mikesmiley said the exact same thing

ahah

uploading a 4k video @ 4k resolution will still look better @ 1080 then 1080 by itself.

It really doesn't matter whether the video footage is recorded 4K or 2.7K resolution when video is down-rezed to 1080p it will always look better then if it were shot in standard 1080p HD because there is more pixel info to work with. A lot of Ultra HD is sold for use in standard HD productions for the simple reason that there is more pixel info. They also buy raw 8K/4K footage with resolutions of 5184 x 3456 or greater for the same reasons

Thats only because you start with a higher bitrate, not because of the resolution. However, you lose 60FPS and 60FPS looks vastly better than 30FPS when you are moving or panning around. I get motion sick looking at most fast moving 30FPS footage.

2.7 or 4K is great if you only shoot slow shots or intend to actually use the full resolution or intend to pan/crop in editing. Otherwise, use 1080P60.

I have found 48fps is an excellent sweet spot for most filming and YouTube playback. If you upload raw footage to YouTube, you generally are safer with good quality film, but where's the fun in that. People get in the most trouble with the rendering settings of the movie they edit together. Tons of quality can be lost with poor or incorrect render settings. Be careful to preserve as much as you can.

Thats only because you start with a higher bitrate, not because of the resolution. However, you lose 60FPS and 60FPS looks vastly better than 30FPS when you are moving or panning around. I get motion sick looking at most fast moving 30FPS footage.

2.7 or 4K is great if you only shoot slow shots or intend to actually use the full resolution or intend to pan/crop in editing. Otherwise, use 1080P60.

You know we're talking about how things look after being uploaded to, and processed by Youtube, right?

Reactions: Karanba

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj