YouTube Live Streaming

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've taken the day off work as I need to live stream an event on YouTube tomorrow, and I'm running into a major difficulty.

YouTube is all set up, I've enabled Live Streaming.

However in the DJI Go app, once I 'choose live broadcast platform' and select YouTube, after i click on Go Live (my account info is already entered), and after I enter a title and description, I just get a completely blank box.

No mention of start encoding etc. - Just a blank box, which blocks the central part of my view.

The only way of getting out of this is to force close the app and start again.

Anyone run into anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution. However, I'm having the exact same experience with the DJI GO app & YouTube. I'm using an iPad mini 4 and have had numerous successful YouTube live streams prior to the last 2 versions of DJI GO. I've deleted & reinstalled the DJI GO app, tried hardware encoding on & off, and signed out/in to YouTube. All attempts result in the same locked up DJI GO app with the blank box you mentioned.

What tablet/phone are you using?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm using an iPad Pro 9.7".

I'm just doing a system restore of it now to see if that fixes the problem.

I have tried an iPhone 6s and that seems to work fine, so I'll go with that if i have to, just have to squint a little :)

No that's not worked either - so I'm gonna have to rely on my iPhone.

Must be a bug for it not to work on a brand new restored iPad.

I agree, it seems to be related to the iPad so far.

It "worked" as I tested my iPhone SE. However, once you edit the YouTube title or description, the keyboard covers up the Go Live button! If I leave the title blank, it "works." The iPhone 6s must have enough screen space to work with the current DJI GO-to-YouTube interface.

Hopefully the DJI GO-to-YouTube bug is fixed or someone can point what I'm doing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Can you give me an idea how much data is used when live streaming?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Sorry to activate an old thread. But does the P4P use cell data if you have WiFi available? My P4P is on order but I thought since the iPhone hardwired to the controller the wifi on the phone would be free (edit: I mean available) to stream to the internet.

Thanks

Last edited:
If you get WiFi from another source it would be free. If it's just using you phone data it's not free unless you have unlimited data

Reactions: DroneTurismo
If you get WiFi from another source it would be free. If it's just using you phone data it's not free unless you have unlimited data
Thank you for responding. I'm aware of the comparative costs in the general sense. My question was a technical one on the P4P. If I'm flying at home with my wifi accessible, will my iPhone running DJI go 4 and plugged into the P4P controller connect to my wifi and use that to stream to the Internet?

I ask this because my current P3S will not because it has to be on the controller's wifi. There is no cable hookup. Hence any internet traffic must pass over cellular.

Yes, if your phone is connected to your home wifi, it will stream via that (unless, of course, it has smart switching enabled, and your home wifi is really slow)

Yes, if your phone is connected to your home wifi, it will stream via that (unless, of course, it has smart switching enabled, and your home wifi is really slow)
Thank you.

If streaming on youtube for, say, five minutes via cell data, approximately how many mega/gigabytes of data will be used?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl