Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

YouTube live stream - 1 frame / sec ?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Bob Denny, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Bob Denny

Running Nexus 7 2013/gen2 and latest app/firmware. I tried YT live streaming last night and while it did work, I got a 1fps stream! There was about a 30 sec lag, no problem there, but the frame rate was unusable slow. I started from scratch 3 times and got the same result. I checked receiving the stream on an iPad and a lightning fast PC/Chrome.

The WiFi in our house (including internet speeds, fiber 20 Mbit/sec UP) kicks a**. I tested with speedtest.net to remove net speed as a possible issue.

Is there something I can do? Maybe use the iPad GO app?

2. III% Streve

There are many having issues with the Nexus alone. Streaming is just pushing it harder. Were you getting a good FPV image yourself on the tablet? And did you run speedtest on the tablet, or something else?

3. prostreetcamaro

Not a powerful enough tablet. Only android tablet powerful enough is the nvidia shield really. Even then the built in streaming sucks. Stream to Shou or if you get a shield stream to twitch and that is buttery smooth.

4. Bob Denny

What are Shou and twitch? I will try with the iPad Air 2. I tested net speed on the Nexus, 50 Mbit down, 20 Mbit up., 6ms ping. The FPV video was fine, even with streaming enabled.

III% Streve likes this.
  5. III% Streve

Sounds like the poor Nexus was just over worked

6. Erroll

Did you ever get around to testing streaming with an iPad Air 2? I'm considering upgrading from my mini 3 and am looking for options.