Youtube fullscreen black bars

Reaction score
Hello! when i try to upload my 4K clip to youtube, the clip end up having black bars on the edges. Does anyone know why? i edited the clip in Filmora and saved it to 16:9 format.
Here is an example:

YouTube takes a while to fully upload and it will show those bars as it has downgraded it to a smaller resolution. If you click on the streaming quality option you will see 4k is not available. Give it a few hours and you should see the 4k option available and the bars will go away.

YouTube takes a while to fully upload and it will show those bars as it has downgraded it to a smaller resolution. If you click on the streaming quality option you will see 4k is not available. Give it a few hours and you should see the 4k option available and the bars will go away.

The video have been out since yesterday. It can stream in 4K but the bars are still there :(

When a resolution is not yet processed, it just does not show up. No black box is added.

see below

Attachments

• clip.png
    clip.png
    247.6 KB · Views: 482
Maybe your Internet Provider is throttling your connection specifically for youtube. Sometimes I do speed tests (www.speedtest.net) when the videos are stuttering. Still, even a good connections does not guarantee that the cable/internet provider won't target youtube and throttle you. If they do, then youtube will not even let you attempt to run at 4k. My youtube app on my TV doesn't let me adjust my resolution; it's permanently set to "auto" and will go up all the way if it can.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik