Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

youtube format

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by biondi, Apr 29, 2014.

1. biondi

Hi,

I'm sure there must be info about this in this forum but none of my searches are yielding a thing so..

What format do you convert your Phantom videos into before uploading to youtube?

I've tried several, including .mov and .avi but always get the error 'Processing of this video failed.'. It's rather annoying as you don't get the error until you've finished uploading the several hundred mb file :)

I'm also using a mac, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

p.s. Only got it yesterday and on the second flight I got too cocky, went a bit too fast and a tree got in the way, broken prop already! :) What an idiot.

2. 4wd

4wd

I don't think that's a format issue, those types should be fine H.264 is generally the best though.
    Are you able to upload a clip from another source?

3. biondi

Hi 4wd, thanks for replying.

Yes, I've uploaded a few vids previously but none from the Phantom as yet. I've enabled large-file size on youtube btw also. I
    ve been using H.264 but no joy.

What format does everyone else use for uploading?

Obviously something on my end, just need to work out what..

cheers,

Matt

4. 2trickpony

I use 1080p H.264 format. or choose YoutubeHD when exporting from my editing software

5. RussA

I've had no trouble using .MOV direct from Windows Movie Maker. I've tried both by publishing direct from Movie Maker to YouTube (signing in through Movie Maker) and also by saving the video to my hard drive and uploading it separately. It may be the file size that is the problem.