Your thoughts

Reaction score
When I ordered my P3A from a DJI dealer I was going to also order a set of the black carbon fiber props. The dealer told me it's better to have the white props that come with the P3 for the following reason: He said if it crashes or tips over when landing the white props will more than likely break wear as the black carbon fiber props more than likely won't. He said it's better to have to replace props than possibly a motor. Being new to this it made sense to me that if the black carbon fiber props don't break the force and stress could be transferred to the motor and possibly have the motor or motors break. What are your thoughts on this?

They're not traditional CF weave props but rather carbon reinforced plastic.

Props are a personal preference and any improvement reports are typically anecdotal and personal feelings.

Whatever you decide ALWAYS stay with Genuine DJI props.

Props are a personal preference and any improvement reports are typically anecdotal and personal feelings.

100% agree

Reactions: brianb87

Thanks for the response! I do plan on sticking with DJI props. So the black DJI carbon fiber props are carbon reinforced plastic?

Yes.

On a side note.

Woven CF is not always better.

The motors, props, ESC programming, etc. are a tuned system.

Reducing the flex and weight of the props (with woven CF or non-DJI types) will effect their inertia and this will cause issues with the system tuning including braking.

Performance will suffer as a result.

I have flown the DJI "CF" props. Your dealer's advise is good as far as it goes...

They are not true CF construction but are a carbon fiber filled design. This makes them a little more rigid than the stock props, but only a little.

True cf props are prone to shattering on impact, but the DJI props are not.

The only difference I could detect is that the DJI cf filled props are a little more quiet than are the stock props.

If your P3 is your first multi rotor rc aircraft I would just recommend that you always take off and land from a suitable surface or landing pad. Proceed slowly with the P3 and enjoy. You need to be really out of shape on a landing for the P3 to tip over.

:harry

Reactions: D4T_PoM
Thanks, yes this is my first multi-rotor. I have and plan to take it very slow until I get my flying skills down. I've only been able to fly it a couple times so far and I always make sure my takeoff/landing surface it as level as I can.

Thanks, yes this is my first multi-rotor. I have and plan to take it very slow until I get my flying skills down. I've only been able to fly it a couple times so far and I always make sure my takeoff/landing surface it as level as I can.

I'd learn to hand catch as soon as possible - it's the only way to land on windy days.

Reactions: tracker_usmc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1