Your opinion on this P3 Case

I'd get silver, it might make it easier to see the Phantom's lights.

One thing missing from that case is a place for a tablet and/or goggles.

That case looks as if you will have to take the props off every time to fit it in the case. Look for one of the atomicrc or red rocks cases on amazon. They are usually under $100 and are some of the best cases for the price out there. and the are big enough to not have to worry about taking the props off over and over. Tho some of them still need to have a tiny bit of foam cut away to fit the remotes tablet holders even for the ones said to be for the p3s BUT thats super easy to do. all you have to do is set the controller in the slot 1/2 way till the tablet holder is resting on top of the edge of the foam and then use any sort of sararted knife Like a steak knife to cut around the profile of the tablet holder and in less then 20 seconds you have a perfect custom fit case.

oh and btw Id get one in silver instead of black. Being black cases will get hot in the sun ware as a silver case will reflect a lot of the sun light and not heat up as much.

Reactions: AbsPapa
That case looks as if you will have to take the props off every time to fit it in the case. Look for one of the atomicrc or red rocks cases on amazon. They are usually under $100 and are some of the best cases for the price out there. and the are big enough to not have to worry about taking the props off over and over. Tho some of them still need to have a tiny bit of foam cut away to fit the remotes tablet holders even for the ones said to be for the p3s BUT thats super easy to do. all you have to do is set the controller in the slot 1/2 way till the tablet holder is resting on top of the edge of the foam and then use any sort of sararted knife Like a steak knife to cut around the profile of the tablet holder and in less then 20 seconds you have a perfect custom fit case.

oh and btw Id get one in silver instead of black. Being black cases will get hot in the sun ware as a silver case will reflect a lot of the sun light and not heat up as much.
Its 24cm depth. Should be fine. Seen people using 21.5 depth cases and they had their props on. What the dimensions of the case you recommended?

With them smaller cases that dont fit with the props on are because the cases are not wide enough to accommodate the 9 inch props on a p2 or p3

One of my short cases I can still just fit it in with the props on. But I have to be real careful to make sure its sitting just right before I close the lid or else it will hit the tips of the props in the edge of the case which also pushes down on them and causes them to bend.

On the atomic rc cases I dont have that problem with the props hitting any thing and have about 2 inchs or so clearance on the tips .

I had this case for my P2 in silver, very good case and you can leave the props on if you like, clears the edge by 1/2", although I didn't. There is a spot between the P3 and the prop slot for goggles, I uses a hot wire to make a narrower cut in each end to fit the ipad, no problem. You can do it with an exacto blade if you have a steady hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.