Your official warning

Reaction score
Annnnnd...we're done. Chinese knock-off battery is no more. I used it today down to 36% and pulled it. As expected, the time to get to 36% was maybe 10 minutes tops. Started out @ 97%. it was warm, NOT hot. I then used my DJI original battery, which has a few more charging cycles under its belt. I used it down to 37%. I didn't fly my 3rd (DJI brand) battery. Came home and charged (using the 57-watt OEM charger) the DJI battery 1st. When it finished, I charged the knock-off battery. Then I went back outside flying.

This time, I used my freshly charged DJI battery and flew a 15 minute waypoint mission. Battery was 57%. I buzzed around some in atti and took it down to 39% when I pulled it. I began to insert the freshly charged knock-off battery and it fit rather snugly, almost needing to force it in the battery opening. Didn't notice at 1st but, well, the battery is now all puffed out. Completely unusable and unsafe.

So I basically threw away $100...I believe they are selling now for $86/ea. I paid $96-$98, something like that, when I bought mine in March.

So there you have it, buy the knock-off batteries at your own risk, but you've been warned.

Original thread: DO NOT buy non-DJI Phantom 3 battery from Bangood.com!!!
DSCN8755.JPG
DSCN8756.JPG
DSCN8756.JPG
DSCN8757.JPG
DSCN8758.JPG

@Squirrel! thanks for the PSA. DJI always says "don't buy knockoff batteries" on their site but it's much more powerful to see a firsthand experience of what you risk if you do. Batteries puffing up are nothing to f*** with!

Reactions: Squirrel!
Exactly...While I must admit, it would be pretty dang awesome to see it just freaking blowup mid-flight, but beyond a fantasy of coolness, it could do serious damage, potentially to others but most importantly, ME! ;)

But in all seriousness, this is a serious danger. I have notified Banggood but I honestly expect them to blow it off...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20