Your mileage may vary - DJI Customer Service

Reaction score
I've heard the horror stories and granted my adventure with DJI is not over but...
About two weeks ago my Battery 3 exhibited some serious deviations in Cell 1. I sure don't want it falling out of the sky.
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I tried fully charging it and then discharging it with the Phantom Angel (great product by the way). Then after charging it, I flew with it again. During that flight only one instance was recorded as reported on my HD account but again, Cell 1.
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I didn't experience any problems with the flight but I decided to report it to DJI Customer service. I used the chat on their website. Within a few minutes I had explained what I experienced. A little while later I received a shipping label. I found a box and dropped it off at UPS. It was shipped ground so it took until the 14th to get their. I received noticed that it was received yesterday and to allow two days for processing and testing. This morning I received an email saying that the repair cost quote was ZERO. So it looks like they are sending me a new battery at no cost.

I will follow up. I hope this means that DJI customer service has matured.

I've had great experience with DJI customer support.

I noticed a hairline fracture underneath one of the motor housings on my bird. As it was only 3 months old, I sent support a copy of my invoice, the picture of the damage and place of purchase.

From time of email until bird was sent to be repaired and back in my hands was 8 days. That's extremely fast and efficient customer service.

Out Droning Aerial Photography
• Instagram: out_droning

Just got my bird back. Had cracks in the lower motor mount and some nicks in the housing from a tip-over. They still fixed it under warranty. Did take 3 weeks total to ship and get back. The trouble with delivering something to the UPS store on a Friday afternoon and getting caught up in Labor Day!. Not sure about the rest of the bird, but they used my old upper shell (had my FAA N number on it) and the original gimbal (checked the serial #). I did have to relink the RC, but everything is working and it flies fine. I took it out for a short spin yesterday. Out to 600 meters, I still had full bars on control and video.

So when I kicked off this post I had a problem identified by HD and contacted DJI customer service. I used the chat box and it was pretty painless. In an hour or so they sent me a post paid shipping label. I boxed up my batter and sent it off. It took about a week to get there because it was shipped ground. Then the received and in a couple of days I had been notified that it had been "fixed" at no charge and was sent an invoice for $145 marked paid (no charge to me). Then they shipped it out and it took several days to get to Tallahassee. Then I had to play tag with the UPS because DJI required a live signature for the battery. First miss, so I left the note UPS posted and gave the address of my neighbor who said he would be home all day. Second miss and original note is still on my door! So I rerouted the shipment to a local UPS Store and went there to pick up it.

What I received was a used loose battery in a shipping box. I know it was used because HD says has been charged 19 times before my first flight. The manufacturing date is a lot older then the batter I sent in.

But at least I have a battery and it does work...for now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31