Your Maximum Altitude

greenamit said:

Erm, is it just me or is that the runway of Ben Gurion International (i.e. Israel's major airport) about 1km south of where you did that altitude run?! I don't know if there's any law regarding flying RC in Israel, but whether there is or not... :shock:

I don't know if a P2V would show up on radar but there is a possibility as I dare say Israel has state of the art radars protecting it's airports. You could have been shot down !
Edit: actually when I think about it I think it would show up on radar. I have got a leisure set and it can pick up a small plastic buoy at up to 1/3 nm in smooth seas. This has a magnetron about 40cm long - imagine the discrimination with one that is 10+m !

nhoover said:
I flew my P2V to about 4000' and had good video at that height. Just descended because I wanted to avoid a RTH from that high as the descent rate is about 3.3mph which is scary slow. But now I know that the TX reaches quite a bit farther I could maybe try again, but probably as it's too stressful. If you beef up the TX antennas you could probably go to 10k' if you wanted to/had the balls.
The slow descent in a RTH probably means we do not have to be too concerned about VRS - probably why they set the rate so low.

gpauk said:
2trickpony -- I see you are in the same corner of the planet as me! Whereabouts are you?

Oyne, you?

gpauk said:
2trickpony said:
gpauk said:
2trickpony -- I see you are in the same corner of the planet as me! Whereabouts are you?

Oyne, you?

Near Ballater... We should try and meet sometime!

Well if I can attach a spare battery I will fly over to you :D

Yes, we should catch up sometime, hopefully when this bloody wind calms down a bit !!

The French airforce use the area where I live for low-level practice, flying from their base about 120 kms away. I have no idea what altitude they're at, but they come out of nowhere and are so low I can see the pilots' heads with the naked eye. The noise is deafening.

I would guess that the chances of my Phantom being sucked into a Eurofighter's engine intake are about 1 million to 1, but I have no inclination to test that. Those aeroplanes are very fast and very scary :shock:

Re: Your Maximum Altitude 1600m

Hi there

I would like to share my new record

The Altitude was 1600m

The video link is below

http://youtu.be/ehKiaECgGME

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 377
236' up and 200' out....... does everything I need it it do at these distances or closer.

I own a motorcycle that will do over 130mph but drive it 70mph and under too......... I see no reason to explore limits with anything.

Night flight with DJI Phantom Vision FPV Altitude 2000m 2KM

Flying vertically is much harder than flying horizontally
I have the older firmware.
The phantom took along time to land
I advise the people with less exprience to NeVer fly the phantom vertically

Youtube link

http://youtu.be/J7w3lbxiO3g

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 252
1456 meters, no modifications. (starting at 0, by the way...)
My best 'proof' is 1405.

Attachments

• Hoogte_1405m.PNG
    Hoogte_1405m.PNG
    577.5 KB · Views: 407
Geert said:
714Aberdeen said:
Night flight with DJI Phantom Vision FPV Altitude 2000m 2KM

Flying vertically is much harder than flying horizontally
I have the older firmware.
The phantom took along time to land
I advise the people with less exprience to NeVer fly the phantom vertically

Youtube link

http://youtu.be/J7w3lbxiO3g

Nice screen picture.
I totally agree with you, specially now that DJI has limited the descend speed in the new firmware.

Geert.

Thank you Geert
Just I would like to say I modify just the range extender
UAV is stock

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic