Your highest altitude flown?

Yah you're an idiot and ignorant and uninformed
o_O Really ? Name calling again ! We really do like to play nice in here , are you like just having a bad day ?

Care to inform me?

I just want to know what the law is? As far as I know the regulation is recommended 400'.

I wonder who is all of the above. :eek: :rolleyes:

There are no restrictions no altitude or distance that a quadcopter can be flown at the present time. The FAA has requested that we fly under 400' and within LOS and until the FAA present to Congress the proposed rules to govern UAVs in September of this year. There will be no limits until Congress passes those proposed rules into law.

o_O Really ? Name calling again ! We really do like to play nice in here , are you like just having a bad day ?

No, he's always like that.

Reactions: dirkclod
No, he's always like that.
Yeah I'm just like that.
So none of you follow AMA model aircraft guidelines. And you'll just yeild to the jumbo jet right?

The conversation was not about "AMA model aircraft guidelines". It was about the law. In case you are not aware they are not the same.

Yeah I'm just like that.
So none of you follow AMA model aircraft guidelines. And you'll just yeild to the jumbo jet right?

Where I fly, if a jumbo jet gets involved, my quad will be low on the list of concerns.

Yeah I'm just like that.
Yep !!... Hate ya like that [ just like that ] all the time , must be miserable :(
See ya fly a Phantom Killer :eek:

399 ft...I always obey FAA regs.
blank stare.png
Ya Got Em Good.gif

Typical of individuals who lack the most basic of debate skills. "I don't know how to form a coherent, rational thought, so I'll just resort to name calling." You fit the California mold, congratulations.

Look Jeff, most of us probably don't live or have businesses in the greater LA area. I don't have the Chaty Two departure flying over my place (thats at/above 5400' in any of the transitions BTW). But I can see based on where you are why you would have concerns. I can also understand as a UAV business owner, why you might go on attack here. But the fact of the matter is, the birds just don't fly where I'm at. I've got plenty of space, and plenty of time (at least two to three errors worth) to address any traffic. And if it got that bad, I'd CSC that bird without a second thought.

Since you decided to bring up the AMA, what does B.1. say under the safety code?

Here, let me help you...

All pilots shall avoid flying directly over unprotected people, vessels, vehicles or structures and shall avoid endangerment of life and property of others.

And how about B.6.?

With the exception of events flown under official AMA Competition Regulations, excluding takeoff and landing, no powered model may be flown outdoors closer than 25 feet to any individual, except for the pilot and the pilot's helper(s) located at the flightline.

Yet, I find video you've posted of this very act, filmed at your place of business, no less.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My suggestion, drop the holier than thou ********, and head over to Super Relax. Get yourself a massage.

After seeing quite a few unconfirmed youtube videos of Phantoms being flown to unbelievable heights, I wanted to see what other pilots on this forum would-honestly- say is the highest altitude you have flown your Phantom.
Here, in Canada, Transport Canada cautions that 400 feet is the limit, but we all know Phantoms are flown above that every day. Pretty hard to police the restriction.
If you are flying in a wide open space and your aircraft won't endanger anything , I don't really see any problem with seeing what it will do. Not something you would do very often, but perhaps every once in awhile.

Some of these youtube videos are unbelievable. I have my doubts when someone says they have flown their Phantom beyond 4,000 feet using stock equipment.

I have flown my Phantom II Vision Plus up to 1,080 feet on a clear day with light wind.
No problem at all with WiFi or any control.
Nice photos taken from that height.

How high have you flown?
HI done safe height test few weeks back got 1315ft before got max attitude reached warning and camera went dead and Limp but still showing view,,gave like falling out the sky image on me tablet,,but all good landed safe,,camera normal again:)

400' AGL, so help me Zeus. Now if I felt like exercising the arthritis and walked east about a 100' I could then go legally to 500' because thats 100' higher. I kinda wish the FAA would take a good look at this reg. for folks like me who live in hilly or mountainous terrain.

400' AGL, so help me Zeus. Now if I felt like exercising the arthritis and walked east about a 100' I could then go legally to 500' because thats 100' higher. I kinda wish the FAA would take a good look at this reg. for folks like me who live in hilly or mountainous terrain.
I think the "reg" is fine. The suggested height limit is 400 ft AGL. That means that in your example you're fine flying at 500 ft. above your take off point because you'd still be at 400 ft AGL. What I'm saying is that you don't have to walk to the 100 ft higher spot. Just go up to 500 ft when your Phantom reaches or flies over the point that's 100 feet higher.

People are often confused by this. The "reg" (suggestion) says 400 ft AGL. If the hill rises 500 ft and you follow it to the top, your altimeter reading will say 900 ft but you're ok because you're STILL only 400 ft AGL. You ARE 900 ft above your take off point but there's no reg or guideline concerning any altitude limit above the take off point, only above ground level (AGL).

Last edited:
Good lord man you brought a 2 year old thread back to life .
I know, but why start a new one when there's one there already huh?

Anyway, I just took it up to 500m and it stopped because Litchi thinks we shouldn't fly any higher. Is there a way to bypass the 500m max limit? Either using the Go or Litchi? I just want to see it reach the clouds (pretty low atm). I remember it was an awesome feeling flying through the clouds with the Tobago I used to fly. Ofcourse I was only VFR so I didn't really go above the clouds hehe.

I know, but why start a new one when there's one there already huh?

Hey it's all good and was just kinda a joke being lots just start new threads. That one was just so old it surprised me.
I didn't mean no harm. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31