Your highest altitude flown?

Just heard first orders here in the early house
G/nite my over da water brother ;)
cheers.gif

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
We all do the stupid how high can she go test at first but most of my best shots are at the 20m to 30m height.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Where is 400 feet max altitude for RC hobby craft a law? Link to the law please
The specifics of the law in the UK are that LOS needs to be maintained at all times, and the CAA interpret this as being 500m horizontally and 400' vertically, maximum for all aircraft under 20kg.

See Summary point 2.
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=1995&pageid=16012

You can only go further/higher with permission from the CAA

to the moon.....
alice_5bff98fdfa0d697debc8c15fac1f3d3423b30481_zps9i0vesrf.jpg

+1 Mad in NC, I knew Ralph would get fed up one day. BTW personal best before the March 12 crash, just over 1023 feet. Assembling my replacement now (sig).

You have the new Vision Plus 3.0, correct?
I guess the 400 foot ceiling is built into the software,right?
So, even if you wanted to exceed that, the Phantom won't let you.
Yes I have the V3. It is set right under 400' in the assistant. You can change it via the assistant software. It will give you a pop up box that you have to check that it is not recommended. Just like switching to NAZA:)

My, my, you boys were up late. How's the heads this morning? Hehe.
Me heads fine as I don't drink no more ,I'm this way all the time o_O Me fingers tired though trying to keep up with my old buddy Mal . :eek:

After seeing quite a few unconfirmed youtube videos of Phantoms being flown to unbelievable heights, I wanted to see what other pilots on this forum would-honestly- say is the highest altitude you have flown your Phantom.
Here, in Canada, Transport Canada cautions that 400 feet is the limit, but we all know Phantoms are flown above that every day. Pretty hard to police the restriction.
If you are flying in a wide open space and your aircraft won't endanger anything , I don't really see any problem with seeing what it will do. Not something you would do very often, but perhaps every once in awhile.

Some of these youtube videos are unbelievable. I have my doubts when someone says they have flown their Phantom beyond 4,000 feet using stock equipment.

I have flown my Phantom II Vision Plus up to 1,080 feet on a clear day with light wind.
No problem at all with WiFi or any control.
Nice photos taken from that height.

How high have you flown?

Wow have not been to this forum for awhile. You have posted just what everyone who flys for a living worries about. A moron with a Phantom over 1,000 agl. "Wide open area" have you heard of manned aircraft ?
Are you that ignorant ? Do you realize it's posts like this is why these will soon be banned. So go fly above 400' heck take it to 3500'. And when you get your Phantom sucked into a jet engine you get to live with that. Hey you most likely be famous for killing a few hundred people.

Reactions: 750r
Me heads fine as I don't drink no more ,I'm this way all the time o_O Me fingers tired though trying to keep up with my old buddy Mal . :eek:

LMAO.

Someone post a link to said "law". I would like to see something beyond the "recommended" 400' elevation.
It's so you don't fly into class B airspace umm that's where manned aircraft fly. I'm amazed at this whole thread. Sad really. So many people willing to break the law for what? Some video.

It's so you don't fly into class B airspace umm that's where manned aircraft fly. I'm amazed at this whole thread. Sad really. So many people willing to break the law for what? Some video.

Except for restricted air space there is no law. So there is nothing to break.

Wow cool. It would have been awesome if you ran it into a Cessna or something huh? That would have been some great video !

Subtle sarcasm, how quaint...
[/Golf clap]

Let me give it a try.

It's especially dangerous at my house, where there is literally 6,000 Cessnas flying at FL010, all day long, just looking and searching, with the hope that a muni will appear to land at.

Last edited:
Me heads fine as I don't drink no more

I don't drink any more either Dirk.
I don't drink any less either, but I don't drink any more :)

I don't drink any more either Dirk.
I don't drink any less either, but I don't drink any more :)
Good one Hughie :cool: After I read it three times I finally got it :confused: so I have to give myself this one ;)
boy.jpg
;)

Except for restricted air space there is no law. So there is nothing to break.
It's common sense to most sane normal people, I guess you're none of the above.
So then go fly your Phantom wherever you want to right, I hope to see you on the news...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues