Your highest altitude flown?

Yes, it was some pretty crazy flying, the phantom did not want to do anything I wanted it to. I had to do most of the flying in atti because the normal mode was wonky at best. There were three or four of us flying and we all had the same issues, p2's and 550s'
I meant attitude bro .

Thin air baby, thin air. :eek:

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Girls girls girls will you stop it please, I'm belly aching here ye pack of bitches lmao
imagesF690QVY6.jpg

Haha it's like 7.30am my side of the water and you are all acting like 3 year olds, I love you all but come on grow up the lot of you x

Mal, in case you haven't noticed. If it ain't serious, we're joking about it.
And I prefer to think of myself as a 5 year old. :p

kiss_my_green_irish_arse_tile_coaster.jpg

Attachments

• c48dbd58512d91af257d69fd7dcfd777257c08962c846bdbe66350224142592a.jpg
    c48dbd58512d91af257d69fd7dcfd777257c08962c846bdbe66350224142592a.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Mal, you can't do that here, they will toss you out.

It may be early on your side, but its late here and some of us are punchy.... All in good fun
images4HKE7OJ0.jpg
Yep !! Just heard ..last call

I'm in Australia and we're using metres for almost everything else here, so I've been to 121 metres (the 400 foot limit). I'd tried to stop at 120m, but the altitude reading was fluctuating a bit, so it jumped up and down from 120 to 121 quite a bit without any change in where I was trying to position it. So I'll say I've been to 121, though I was aiming to go to 120

I've honestly never needed to go higher than that, as that's more than high enough for my needs; any photo taken much above that starts to lack much detail, and starts to look like something a plane or balloon could have taken. I don't want to look like run of the mill plane photography, I really LIKE the photography at the 50 - 100 metre mark, because that is unique. You never see photos taken at those altitudes EXCEPT from drones. It's a totally unique viewpoint that, to me, really catches attention.

I've seen a Phantom and an Inspire legally go to around 500 metres (1500 feet) when a photography company here got authorisation from CASA to fly at that height AND AT NIGHT for a fireworks display. So I know they can get to at least that height.

I've had mine horizontally out to almost a mile, so in theory you could also get it vertically to that height. Anyone want to join the mile high club? Oh, that's right, that's a different club.
(Hmmm... I wonder if two people wearing FPV goggles, getting the same transmission from a quad at that height, while doing specific things on the ground, would be classed as having joined that club?)

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl