Your highest altitude flown?

I didn't mean no harm. :)
I know. I didn't think it did. Thought about starting a new one but what the heck, let's wake the thread. I actually read most comments and it's kinda amusing, including the comments from the FAA lords. And yes, I flew my P3S to 500m up, but only coz it wouldn't go any higher (working on it). In all seriousness though, where I am there is no issue with that kinda height

The post from me in that was before I was a mod or it might
look differant now. Most or a lot of those members in that
Have long gone. And the Technology back then isn't anything like it is now. I do find it amusing reading that though.
IMG_7919.GIF

I try not to go higher than 400 ft agl but I have been flying and noticed that I did go a little over but I didn't mean to. Lots of elevation changes here so I have the limit above 400ft. Four hundred feet is pretty dang high. That's about as high as I care to go for now. I actually prefer flying just over tree top level even though when you watch it fly it looks like it's gonna hit but there are no trees higher than about 75 ft so I find myself at about 130 regularly. That's a pretty good elevation unless I'm going long range then 400 ft is ideal for flying at about 7,000-10,000 feet out in my area. I feel like I'm not going to make it back if I go any farther. I'll get more adventurous with time.

The post from me in that was before I was a mod or it might
look differant now. Most or a lot of those members in that
Have long gone. And the Technology back then isn't anything like it is now. I do find it amusing reading that though.
View attachment 81328
That's a pretty good elevation unless I'm going long range then 400 ft is ideal for flying at about 7,000-10,000 feet out in my area

What are you flying to be getting those distances? and have more distance to go??

What are you flying to be getting those distances? and have more distance to go??

North West Florida. I was out 6,000 ft and I got my first bit of signal fade on my video. I went up, a little to far up and signal was back to full. I brought it back out of fear but I'm pretty confident I could have gone another half mile. Considering I was flying over dense Forrest that's pretty good I think. On the beach or up on a hill I think 10,000 ft is easily achievable.
4a2815c4554f71d60ad438b27775dcf4.jpg

I have no need to fly higher than 400 ft AGL but next year I'll be mapping in Peru at over 15,000 ft. Having seen video of a Phantom at Everest Base camp, I know it's possible. I'm just concerned about how quickly I'll burn though my batteries.

I hit 348 one afternoon. Middle of a large state park, with my max set at 350.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj