Your Gain Settings and Your findings with P2 and H3-3D

Xrover said:
Yes, that is the spacer kit.

It's called CYA. If DJI didn't put that then all new P2 owners would demand a free spacer and suggest that DJI Is aware of the issue. I think there is a few other threads here where new P2 owners have complained that they have noticed indentations on the Grey Sticker on the bottom of the battery. All you have to do is push up a little bit on your H3-3D and see how far it moves before it contacts the battery. Less then 2mm.

If the Gimbal was hard mounted with no means of movement then the clearance would not be an issue. The Gimbal is on anti vibration balls and it does move. Up down or side to side. There are different forces acting on the camera depending on it's angle of tilt.

Why take the chance?

This is simply not true.

If the yaw motor touches the battery it leaves a mark on the white plastic ribbimg at the base of the battery. The thin grey battery cover is not touched.

I'm still interested in the GAINS of this topic, need more info about that, thanks.

Xrover said:
Yes, that is the spacer kit.

It's called CYA. If DJI didn't put that then all new P2 owners would demand a free spacer and suggest that DJI Is aware of the issue. I think there is a few other threads here where new P2 owners have complained that they have noticed indentations on the Grey Sticker on the bottom of the battery. All you have to do is push up a little bit on your H3-3D and see how far it moves before it contacts the battery. Less then 2mm.

If the Gimbal was hard mounted with no means of movement then the clearance would not be an issue. The Gimbal is on anti vibration balls and it does move. Up down or side to side. There are different forces acting on the camera depending on it's angle of tilt.

Why take the chance?

No indentation on the grey sticker on my (mk2) but there was a witness make left on the white plastic from where it rubbed. I used some small washers to resolve it.

However, the spacer kit looks like a better solution, I'm not sure why anyone would want to hack up a battery that was still in warranty. I've read a couple of posts here where the dealer has replaced them and as they ultimately have to claim back from DJI, I doubt they would want to take any chances.

I thought the spacer would only fit the mk1 P2, do you know if this is correct? (I thought the screw hole pitch was different)? If it's the same, for the sake of $15 the kit seems like a good solution.

FedeVision said:
I'm still interested in the GAINS of this topic, need more info about that, thanks.
As am I but I fear the OP has been lost to a minor argument. :|

twodips said:
FedeVision said:
As am I but I fear the OP has been lost to a minor argument. :|

Nope, I had somehow turned off automatic topic reply notifications.
I'm back.

So far I have not been able to get my H3-3D to fly shake free. I tried different gains settings on FW 3.04 but those did not make any difference. I'm involved in Beta testing the 3.05 FW now but sorry to say that it does not improve on H3-3D behavior.

As time goes on, it seems that more and more H3-3D users are not impressed with the shake and Jello issues which were not as bad on the H3-2D.

Would some of you who have spent a fair amount of time tuning your H3-3D and/or torn your hair out over H3-3D problems take a quick look at this flight of mine from yesterday? I am curious if the sleep/snap behavior I am seeing with this brand new P2+H3-3D is common or uncommon, and if anyone has seen this, and fixed this, what their solution was.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecw1Ad-CYqg[/youtube]

This afternoon I placed thin rubber washers between the gimbal base plate and the P2, and also between the screw head and the base plate (based on one post I saw earlier today), and flew 3 batteries this evening. First flight rocked, second not so good, and third had a fair amount of the sleep/snap behavior. The behavior seems highly dependent on: 1) descent rate (1m/sec or more descent rate with good forward speed makes such behavior highly likely); 2) pitch/speed (much more likely above 10 degrees of pitch); 3) any decent amount of roll exacerbates likelihood of sleep/snap. Yaw rate doesn't seem to matter much. P2 firmware v3.0, gimbal firmware latest. About to try v3.4 firmware to see if that changes anything. Then try more washers / further spacing between gimbal and P2.

Thanks all.

Kelly

Have the P2 V1, fitted apapter kit (includes spacer plate and extended legs) H3-3D, Mini Iosd, Immersion vtx fitted.

I have upgraded FW to 3.04 and set gains to default, flys much better that the oroginal stock gains. The only change i made was to reduce the atti default gains that were 260 to 200 (induvidual preference). Still some fine tuning to do but getting good hold and performance.

Very happy at the moment, cannot spot vibes or jello, using the white mounts. :D

FedeVision said:

Yeah. Me too, this thread has been hijacked and left on the side of the road.... :shock:

So we should relabel this the P2 / H3-3D un-commanded yaw defect. It seems that regardless of firmware or mounting method, once you put an H3-3D on your P2, you will get un-commanded yaw in some way, shape or form. It's ironic as that is what the H3-3D is supposed to fix! You still get much better results than the H3-2D but this is a problem needing attention.

Running 3.02 firmware, I noticed this initially when descending but it can occur at some point or another in all maneuvers. I am currently testing the 3.05 beta firmware but believe there is no difference in this specific issue. Gains are defaults. Will post when I get back to my Phantom this Friday.

My P2 is 1.542 kilo. H3-3D, TK, etc. Settings at
125-125-110-140
260-260
It seems to be the default
Latest upgrades

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl