Your cruising altitude ?

My area most times 160-200 feet up puts me in the clear of obstacles and more importantly keeps a nice cushion between it and manned aircraft that can and do show up overhead at any given time- not directly overhead but in the vicinity enough for me to confirm their position and my bird. Plus that height is very nice for filming too- low enough that when combined with the camera fov it keeps the ground nicely framed but high enough to get plenty of long range horizon shots too. I do push 300' up sometimes and 400' too but I generally stick to around 200 as it's really comfortable to fly.

Anyone going up over 500 mts ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Where I fly it is at the foot of the hills. I tend to fly towards them as its common land and I would not be trespassing if I needed to go onto it. I also know the area quite well so if it did come down I would know where to look. It also helps orientation. Of course the problem with flying towards hills is that you may start off at 200 feet up but as soon as you travel forward that 200 can become 20 very quickly. I find the trees between me and the hills tend not to be too forgiving when it comes to aircraft flying into them. So I start high and through practice slowly gain altitude. When I replay the video, if I do it right, you cannot tell the aircraft is actually climbing as you go along. Its all a learning curve, but an enjoyable one. :)

As for going above 500mts I thought the aircraft itself would stop you doing that via the software?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic