Your 2015 Phantom 3 Feature Request

Reaction score
Most likely we will soon have some details about the brand new much more affordable then a Inspire1, Phantom Generation 3.

Obviously we all have different taste in features that we would prefer to have on our Phantoms. If DJI put you in control of what features would come on a new version phantom. Respond to this thread and share some of your thoughts on what you feel would be important to you to be on each of these quads.

1. First up for me would be to eliminate the mods I have had to invest into because they don't offer them from the factory, but could. That would be a GPS Tracker. No reason why this should not already be built into our quads.
2. Next I want a loaded up Flight Logger. Again, this could and should already be a offered feature on our quads.
3. 4k video. This format is amazing and we must have it!

EDIT: I received this from DJI which goes right along with this thread. They want info from the developers on what we would like added to a brand new aircraft. You can fill it out if you want, or look at and see proof something new is coming.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pyNRvX ... M/viewform

I EDIT something in the 1st post I just received from DJI that show proof we have a new aircraft coming.

How about an engineering team that has taken some basic electronics courses.

I wish they would take the time and finish the existing software and stuff they have out already instead of pumping out more new products.

1) Yes, built in logging on both, the SD card and on the mobile device. The mobile device can have crucial but somewhat limited data if bandwidth is a concern but the SD card should contain full logging.
2) Make the controls on the mobile device transparent so they can use the full screen. My Nexus 7 has allot of unused screen left.
3) Make PC Ground Station use the Wifi Data from the Vision Plus V3 or modify the app version to be more usable!
4) Make Vision App to run on Windows mobile devices such as the Surface Pro.
5) Enhance the App version of Ground Station so we can save ground station missions for later use and be able to import missions from a CSV file or something.
6) Speed between waypoints be adjustable instead of one speed for the entire mission.
7) Better GPS antenna!!
8) Design the DJI camera where different lens can be used.
9) Make the colors of the app status widgets more viewable in sunlight.
10) Make parts more available, ribbon cables, gimble parts and other standard crash repair stuff.
11) Better support, Product Enhancement Notifications & Warnings when there are known problems with possible Work Arounds. Most folks do not mind fixing themselves or paying for fixes if we know about the hidden landmines.
12) Publish data so people can make aftermarket hardware available instead of everyone hacking.
13) Get with the times and use the latest Android Studio for their SDK projects.
14) Use a real IDE that allows multi platform support from one code version (IOS, Android, PC)

Heck, this list can go on for ever. Fix the hardware and software they have now and when it's reliable, then start pumping out aircraft!

Firstly... I want to say that after a long, painful, protracted battle that I'm both happy and confident with the current firmware. (and I never thought I'd ever state that)

I'm also very happy with the new TX and the RE700. The new transmitter IS my wish list for a Phantom TX.
1) gimbal wheel
2) training port
3) LIPO battery
4) locking left stick

I'm sure I'll eventually think of something that it's lacking, but really can't at the moment.

What I'd like to see?

1) 4K camera with no fisheye.
2) Rugged integrated gimbal with modular components to avoid a $700 accident.
3) An external GPS unit so there's much less worry over interference.
4) Lose the ability of the aircraft to drop straight down on its own for ANY reason. Low battery dropping your aircraft at its current location is a very scary proposition. :shock:
5) Integrated ability to cache maps for ground station.
6) Obstacle avoidance capabilities.
7) System similar to what's available on the Inspire using cameras to allow indoor flight.
8) integrated light bridge would be nice... :D

That's all I can think of for now...

-slinger

Just thought of something else

A flight simulator that can actually use the trainer port on the back of the remote.

When I answered the questions I posted in the bottom of the 1st post, DJI was asking a lot about having some type of sensor setup that help you from running into objects. By the questions, I take it they already have something that reads side to side, front, back, top, and bottom. They can either stop the air craft altogether, or do so by showing you a light and make a sound if getting close to an object.

Another question was about the software with the ability to search and find a safe landing area.

And what your thoughts were about adding the indoor outdoor flying without gps.

Yes on these!

rwskinner said:
I wish they would take the time and finish the existing software and stuff they have out already instead of pumping out more new products.

1) Yes, built in logging on both, the SD card and on the mobile device. The mobile device can have crucial but somewhat limited data if bandwidth is a concern but the SD card should contain full logging.
2) Make the controls on the mobile device transparent so they can use the full screen. My Nexus 7 has allot of unused screen left.
3) Make PC Ground Station use the Wifi Data from the Vision Plus V3 or modify the app version to be more usable!
4) Make Vision App to run on Windows phone devices -- Yes yes yes please!
5) Enhance the App version of Ground Station so we can save ground station missions for later use and be able to import missions from a CSV file or something.
8) Design the DJI camera where different lens can be used.
10) Make parts more available, ribbon cables, gimble parts and other standard crash repair stuff.
11) Better support, Product Enhancement Notifications & Warnings when there are known problems with possible Work Arounds. Most folks do not mind fixing themselves or paying for fixes if we know about the hidden landmines.
14) Use a real IDE that allows multi platform support from one code version (IOS, Android, PC)

Heck, this list can go on for ever. Fix the hardware and software they have now and when it's reliable, then start pumping out aircraft!

DJI should embrace more of an open system than the P2V+ platform provided.

That is... the ability to swap out and use other control systems (flight control and camera systems.)
DJI can equip a P2V++ (aka Phantom 3) with their own flavors of control and camera but still allow all that to be swapped out.

We all know how DLSR Pros and others added value to create solutions.

DJI... don't fear that. Instead; embrace it. (IMO.. 2015 is the year where the industry-interest-hobby will realize and embrace a more open systems approach.)

Meta4 said:
Get back our speed and descent rate
Ditto !!!

however, a persistent fast speed could be over heating the ESC's and motor wiring creating failures on the "P2V+". DBS and others appear to have experienced that; especially with the P2V+V3 upgrade. So.. fix that too.

DJI.. refer to thread: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32035

Ideager said:
Black box so that you can work out what happened if it falls out of the sky.

Hey... there's the Phantom... but... where the hell's the black box? :lol: :lol: :lol:

-slinger

WHEN DID DJI SENT THAT FORM?

WHAT DID THEY INTRODUCE TODAY AT CES?

Eltrochaphantom said:
WHEN DID DJI SENT THAT FORM?

WHAT DID THEY INTRODUCE TODAY AT CES?

From what I posted is says Jan. 5th.

Did you fill the form out, or just look at it?

wvucjlidxoyzxglzixzn.gif

They emailed that form out to everyone who signed up for their SDK.

Interesting. I found out tht the dealers have to clear the stock of phantoms by April. Maybe new phantom coming

Aside from the many great suggestions already mentioned, I would like:

1 - A switch so I can selectively turn the NAV lights on/off (Stealth Mode)
2 - A Black version of the aircraft. Preferably carbon-fiber look, with matching controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie