You think Canadas NEW RULES are a problem?

Reaction score
If you think the edict from Transport Canada is a problem for recreational fliers . . read the small print in their Staff Instruction 623-001. . . Anyone who has an SFOC likely skimmed over that Note: but I am working on achieving "COMPLIANCE" . . so I have actually been reading it.

Note:
Certificate applicants are reminded that this SFOC process (the current one) may no longer be available once regulations are promulgated except for short term testing and development flights At that time, operators will be required to meet the standards of a Compliant operator.

This means you will only be able to fly "Compliant Aircraft" . . and DJI is NOT compliant, although I sure hope they are working to become compliant because otherwise you will not be able to fly commercially. . . unless you buy a very costly and not as advanced machine.

Reactions: Laurend818
I'm going from Brazil to Vancouver to spend 10 days on vacation, but I do not know Canada.
What cool places can I fly in Vancouver, and especially after the new rules?

I'd suggest NOT flying anywhere around Vancouver . . especially the harbor area. There are dozens of violations in that areas and everyone is on the lookout for drones . . I'd go inland nearer the mountains . . . better scenery there anyway. Try South of White Rock or Point Roberts
Try this URL at NRC.UAV Site Selection Tool - National Research Council Canada
upload_2017-4-2_21-21-43.png
. . actually that's not very good either . . too close to US Airspace
Have a look around with the NRC tools and see where you are planning to be

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers