You guys with the white drones that give us a bad name...

DJI owners posted there trashing the SOLO when none of them even owned one.
I don't own one either. I think they are overpriced as well.

I don't own one either. I think they are overpriced as well.
I also own the first Yuneec Q500 - that is the only drone I own that I feel was overpriced.
The features the Solo has (smart shots, follow me, ability adjust the GoPro's settings in flight, etc.) were well worth the price I paid, IMO.

My cars are a good analogy to me, I own a Ford Flex with Ecoboost (Turbo) and loaded with features. Fast, comfortable, gas guzzling giant that hauls a lot of cargo and can tow what I need it to. My daily commuter is "the poor man's Tesla" - a Chevy Volt. Nothing fancy on it, just a base model, but I average 83 mpg (run it as an EV 90% of the time) and it is really fun to drive. The weight of the batteries make EVs handle like butter. Completely different machines but I can't say which I like the best.
I try not to be an obnoxious fanboy of any brand.

Reactions: maseman88
That is pretty funny. Reminds me when I parked my Honda "Shadow" next to a group of Harley riders. THEY MOVED so they would not be parked next to a Jap Bike. LOL Honda went through a lot of work to make my gears crunch when I shift to sound like a Harley! Just ignore these idiots. He is probably pissed because he does not have Waypoint Capability on the 3DR
I always kinda liked the Shadow and it's certainly popular. I have an Harley Ultra Classic now but I would never snub a fellow biker. Long as you're safe around me, that's all that matters.

Seems the world is becoming too polarized on everything.

PS you ain't a liberal are ya? lol

I also own the first Yuneec Q500 - that is the only drone I own that I feel was overpriced.
The features the Solo has (smart shots, follow me, ability adjust the GoPro's settings in flight, etc.) were well worth the price I paid, IMO.
All that really matters is that you like it. I'm ok with you buying it and your reasoning sounds like a decent decision for you. For me, it is overpriced. At least it was when I bought my P3P.

I only compare the features of the 3dr to the Phantom. I won't get into it or bash on the 3dr. I just don't think it worth the $$$.

I try not to be an obnoxious fanboy of any brand.
Understood, I am brand disloyal actually. I go with the best product. I don't support companies that don't deliver good products. I call it like I see it. Some might call that fandom when my views are opposite theirs. That's ok. It's my $$$. Just like it's ok for you to support 3DR... It's your $$$.

Funny you like cars.. Me too. Im on the other side of economy cars though 3 American Muscle Cars. 80mpg... Hahahaha. I don't have anything that gets anywhere near that. In fact all three put together don't get 80mpg.

Last edited:
I am soft on the new Corvettes though. Maybe when I turn 50 I will get one. I think they get 30+... That's as close as I'm ever getting to economy on a car that I drive for fun.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

He probably never flew RC aircraft at a real RC field with airspace shared by other RC aircraft. He probably could not imagine such a scenario.

I'd like to see a dozen or more Phantoms doing a high speed flyby in formation, both in day and night.

Reactions: maseman88
I am soft on the new Corvettes though. Maybe when I turn 50 I will get one. I think they get 30+... That's as close as I'm ever getting to economy on a car that I drive for fun.

My C5 Corvette gets 30mpg on the highway at 75mph all day long and with 400hp it is plenty fun to drive. It is a great car in my opinion.
Someone else mentioned a gas guzzling Ford, that thing is a tiny cream puff at only 4400lbs and only tows 4500lbs. Ask me about my 6.0l Escalade with a 31 gallon fuel tank just to get me from station to station. :D
Pretty much given up 2 wheels as people in cages can't stick to the task of driving and my life is worth more to me than your emoji text to your girlfriends.

My C5 Corvette gets 30mpg on the highway at 75mph all day long and with 400hp it is plenty fun to drive. It is a great car in my opinion.
Someone else mentioned a gas guzzling Ford, that thing is a tiny cream puff at only 4400lbs and only tows 4500lbs. Ask me about my 6.0l Escalade with a 31 gallon fuel tank just to get me from station to station. :D
Pretty much given up 2 wheels as people in cages can't stick to the task of driving and my life is worth more to me than your emoji text to your girlfriends.
They can say what they want about my Terminator Cobra guzzling gas. It is stupid powerful factory built supercharged V8. Sounds like a Tornado and blows the doors off most cars even today. I even upgraded to a Kenne Bell Supercharger. What's not to love. Anyway I am buying a Corvette I am sold on the new ones just can't afford 80K so I will buy a used 14ish Stingray..

Yes same here I really want a bike but this truly is not the day or age to have one. Which is why I'm buying that Vet on my 50th birthday. I bought my Cobra when I reached one of my life's milestones back on 2003. Threw a new charger on it (700+HP) it stays parked and covered. I want a new toy. This time I'm going from Pony car to sportscar. It will be a Vette

How is this relevant lol
He is showing us a picture of a black drone that crashed whereas the guy the OP said us guys with the "White Drones" give the hobby a bad name

Should have said, "I don't see your name up there". What a big crybaby. "I'm gonna take my drone and go home". If ya can't fly with the white drones, then beat it!

"Hey honky! Don't you fly on black drone turf yal hear me?"

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20