You guys with the white drones that give us a bad name...

Reaction score
I was out flying yesterday, I saw another guy on the walk way and he was flying a 3DR solo, I stayed back about 50 meteres and all times I was flying around I could see where mine was and knew pretty much where his was.

He told me after he packed up and was walking past what I was doing flying in the same air space? I should know better that when the air space is in use. (there is no airports and restricted zones where I was flying - he was in the same place) I believe what he means is flying in the same air space as him. (I was lost for words).

He then said don't you know the rules? As far as I know its 400 feet, and don't fly in commercial aircraft areas.

He then said its you guys with the "white drones" that give us a bad name.

There was no collisions or near misses and I purposely flew away and around him and away from his drone so we didn't come close - I could see mine in the sky and could see his.

He also said im not even 100 meters away from him (correct I wasn't but, I wasn't on top of him either, I was about 50-70 meters away.)

I thought other drone pilots are usually friendly, seems like the people with 3DR solos are different. Iv never had such a rude person, everyone usually wants to help everyone else and discuss their flying experience. Luckily I didn't go and say hi.

Is there such a requirement that if another drone is flying you shouldn't be? or was he just being precious?

Reactions: sfsmedic
he was just jealous yes never fly to close to other people we don't due that
2016-04-02 10.08.40.jpg

or was he just being precious?
Yes.

Did he try and ram your drone with his? LOL, a couple of recent members here seemed to have the same attitude this guy had - there was a thread last week or the week before where a new pilot felt "threatened" when another drone appeared in "his airspace" and felt he had the right to take aggressive action if this happened again.

That is an advantage of flying fixed wing RC I guess, we usually know how to share the sky and don't try and define a personal territory.

Reactions: SGs and BigAl07
we flew 4 drones around each other this weekend and had no issues just talk with each other let them know height your at gee at one point we where 3 feet from each other and never flew together before that just need good communication skills with each other

Sounds like a loser lol, got to hate those but those exist in everything. He sounds like an equivalent of ricers in the car scene.
I bet he bought his 3dr before the price drop caused by the P3P price drop and now he is bent

Well. According to the article. The teacher was not trying to fly over a event. It is more like a flyaway drone which can happen to anyone of us.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You should have asked him when did He cut Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness out of the Declaration of Independence?

Reactions: Gpanek and Ramphex
You should have told him he's impeding your PERSONAL space by walking over and running his mouth. Then precede to tell him, "It's pilots like you that give the white drones a bad name...not the drone itself. And sir, if you were any kind of pilot, you would know how to fly around others and realize I wasn't impeding his majesty's airspace. Oh, and have a great day. D*ck."

'Can't we all just get along?' :D

Reactions: sswillie
It's my airspace!!! Don't you know the rules!! I claimed it first! :D What a clown this guy is. The airspace is in use, give me a break.
Would have loved for this to had happen to me. I would have set him straight:) Some people need a adjustment every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4