You did say we dont have to update didnt you

Reaction score
I was so pleased with myself. Bought one of those 49$ fire tablets from amazon. Did the hack so it has google play. Downloaded the dji go app, and it worked! Turned it on, got the picture of an inspire, so got the drone out and turned it on. Wouldn't hook up. So I got my cell phone ready, and it wouldn't hook up. Said I needed an update, the 1.3. somethin, and it had the inspire pictured too. Nothing I did, save update, would get it to work. So now its either update, or not fly. This is what I've been afraid of all along. DJI sucks.

Ive never been forced to make an update. App will strongly suggest it but never force it upon

Ive never been forced to make an update. App will strongly suggest it but never force it upon
I never have either. Until now. I would have thought it might be the new tablet, I've been jackin with it all night, but the phone I have used for 4 months mirrors it to a tee.

Try just starting the P3 and the RC without the tablet and no props if indoors to check and see if they are still paired together. If not, then go from there. If you flip thru the tablet pages past the inspire just swipe over until you see your platform and then see if you can connect there. I've never tried connecting from the inspire page but it makes sense that this could be the problem if that makes it into what the RC is looking for. On mine, I flip to the P3 Advanced page and it connects every time. The only reason I say this is because I remember having the same problem once but I went back and hit the right page and it worked.

I got it. The cell, and the tablet were kinda having a fight over the wifi signal or something. I had them both on and the app going on both, and they were just kinda stuck. When I turned the phone off the tablet started working. Tries it with the fire off and the phone on, and it worked again. But thanks anyway. I didn't figure anybody would be up, so I vented to the wind...I thought....LOL

Reactions: Reed L
I got it. The cell, and the tablet were kinda having a fight over the wifi signal or something. I had them both on and the app going on both, and they were just kinda stuck. When I turned the phone off the tablet started working. Tries it with the fire off and the phone on, and it worked again. But thanks anyway. I didn't figure anybody would be up, so I vented to the wind...I thought....LOL
Now I can go back to bein pleased with myself for the 49$ tablet that works.

What aftermarket mount are you using to do that in the standard remote? And could you give me a point in the right direction to get the play store on their. I used to root android phones but that was like 8 years ago, out of practice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app.

What aftermarket mount are you using to do that in the standard remote? And could you give me a point in the right direction to get the play store on their. I used to root android phones but that was like 8 years ago, out of practice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app.
The mount is called an anbee for 7.9 in tablets. It's the same as the phone holder, just bigger. Clamps on the silver bar on the back of the rc, has a ball and socket so you can turn it in any direction. And I didn't end up using any of the videos on youtube to get playstore, I just downloaded it to my pc, then transferred it to the fire via a usb cable. I think you could do it pretty easy with the youtube videos, but you need 2 laptops. The screen gets covered up during the process and you cant see what the next step is. Either that or copy them down word for word, which I didn't want to do. Just go to youtube and search kindle fire, you'll get a slew of em.

P.S. I downloaded the dji go app, not the google play app. I didn't think I'd be playing games or watching movies, and I bought the fire specifically to use with the drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl