YOU CAN REVERT BACK TO 1.08 IF YOU WANT.

Reaction score
For those of you who don't want the V3.0 like me, You can go back to it if you want. I still have Phantom Assistant 1.08, I was able to recover it from my time machine back-up. (**** I love Mac :) ) so if any one does not like the restrictions and wants to revert back send me a PM with email and I will send the program. :cool: :cool: :cool:
P.S. it still works with the 3.0 phone app. So no issues there.

Richard I am sure this might be a really dumb question but I need to make sure in my mind. If I instal 1.08 PT2 will it only show the software versions that were available pre version 2? Or will 1.08 suggest updates that are current version update values?

Is it true the new firmware has a ceiling of 400 ft set no changing it
Or it it changeable like the 2.0 so it can be set to what you want?

The ceiling in areas not around airports is the same as it was before. Around airports the ceiling is variable depending on distance and type of airport.

Here is what I do.

I make a copy of "Phantom2.exe" before I update.
I then rename that file to "Phantom2 (x.xx).exe with x being the version number.
Then I perform the upgrade.

By doing it this way you can have multiple version of the Phantom 2 Vision Assistant on the same machine and just run the version you want. (1.05, 1.08, 2.00, 3.00, etc...)

rfernandez said:
For those of you who don't want the V3.0 like me, You can go back to it if you want. I still have Phantom Assistant 1.08, I was able to recover it from my time machine back-up. (**** I love Mac :) ) so if any one does not like the restrictions and wants to revert back send me a PM with email and I will send the program. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Rfernandez I'll definitely take a copy of 1.08 if you don't mind. Thanks

[email protected]

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens

rfernandez said:

Rfernandez I'll definitely take a copy of 1.08 if you don't mind. Thanks

[email protected]

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens

rfernandez said:
i would not do 1.05. but at the very least 1.08 the software will ask tell you that 1.08 is available just upgrade.or downgrade rather..

Richard:

I installed Assistant 3.0 and upgraded fully from there. So... Now I'm running Autopilot 3.0 and central board firmware V1.0.1.25.

How do I get back to the firmware that was installed back when I was running 1.08. This is a bit confusing, man...

-slinger

I believe I have every version of the Assistant as well as the RC Assistant and the Windows P2V driver located at

http://www.droneslinger.com

Select "Software" from the menu near the bottom...

-slinger

rfernandez said:
How exactly is the downgrade carried out? Will the 1.08 downgrade the P2V?

Rfernandez, I try to send PM to You, but i m too rookie in this forum, so I can't.
How can I ask Mac firmwares from You? Interested from 1.8!

Dillinger said:
Rfernandez, I try to send PM to You, but i m too rookie in this forum, so I can't.
How can I ask Mac firmwares from You? Interested from 1.8!

PM isn't enabled until you have made 3 posts, I think. I don't know why!

This looks a very old thread....

I still use it but I have no need for waypoint flying and am unaffected by the declination issues people had with earlier versions.

I like the higher speeds and accept if I crash its my fault but as we are supposed to fly safely and maintain control of our craft at all times I don't have a problem with this.

I would say its a bit more like stabilisers off flying even before you switch to ATTI. Horses for courses really and there is no best firmware ;)

gunslinger said:
I believe I have every version of the Assistant as well as the RC Assistant and the Windows P2V driver located at

http://www.droneslinger.com

Select "Software" from the menu near the bottom...

-slinger
:D Thank you, gunslinger, for hosting this for us. Legend.

PS: I lost my 1.08 assistant and was so happy to get it back from http://www.droneslinger.com after DJI quit hosting. IMHO, 1.08 is awesome. Maybe not for inexperienced pilots, but I run it on P2V and my +. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1