You can load apps on the P4 P+ built in android screen

Reaction score
I know a lot of you have been asking, it looks like you can load apps such as a Litchi.

Look at DJI FAQ page with regards to the P4P+ built in monitor...
upload_2016-11-25_14-12-53.png

Look at DJI FAQ page with regards to the P4P+ built in monitor...
View attachment 69349

This is because the GOOGLE PLAY STORE will not be active. Yuneec doesn't allow it and I'm guessing DJI won't either. This way, DJI controls the updates to the DJI GO App and the Android operating system.

You can however, load any APP you like by doing it manually. You just place the "APK" file of the app in any directory within Android and then within the Android system select install.

I'm sure the Litchi app and other SDK based apps will be similarly installed, much like the 32 channel hack.

So can someone confirm this on their device? Has anyone actually used litchi on the pro plus version?

So can someone confirm this on their device? Has anyone actually used litchi on the pro plus version?
It looks like I got bad information early. From what I have heard recently you can not load apps just yet. Sorry about that.

As of December 2016, DJI has made it so you can't load any apps, but as we move forward I'm sure you'll see this change before the summer.

This is because the GOOGLE PLAY STORE will not be active. Yuneec doesn't allow it and I'm guessing DJI won't either. This way, DJI controls the updates to the DJI GO App and the Android operating system.

You can however, load any APP you like by doing it manually. You just place the "APK" file of the app in any directory within Android and then within the Android system select install.

UPDATE: I've tried many times in different ways to load an APK file onto the P4P+. I can get the file onto it and the install will start, but it won't load. I'm sure DJI will allow 3rd party apps in the future, just not now.

Reactions: andrewkhoo
UPDATE: I've tried many times in different ways to load an APK file onto the P4P+. I can get the file onto it and the install will start, but it won't load. I'm sure DJI will allow 3rd party apps in the future, just not now.
Same here, side load doesn't work either.

Installation will start and then it prompts "not enough space".

Litchi developer told me that DJI has no intention of allowing third party apps to ever run on their built in screens.
Stupid that they cripple them. Better to have the regular RC.

Litchi developer told me that DJI has no intention of allowing third party apps to ever run on their built in screens. Stupid that they cripple them. Better to have the regular RC.
Agreed! If that is true, then that's grounds to return the P4P+. The lack of support for external screens, except through the HDMI output, is another, not to mention the buggy, built-in custom Android DJI GO 4 app, which still has yet to be be updated, while the iOS DJI GO 4 has already had two updates! No .SRT files is yet another bug. Can you say lemonade? :rolleyes:

Answer is yes you can install 32 channel into P4 Pro Plus.
I have tested and it work.
From my own experience with the 32 channel hack on iOS on the P4P, it gains nothing, since the universal best range with the P4P is in Auto 5.8Ghz, and not in any mode of 2.4Ghz, primarily because of the higher power output used on the 5.8Ghz frequencies, compared to those used on the 2.4Ghz frequencies on the P4P and P4P+.

... primarily because of the higher power output used on the 5.8Ghz frequencies, compared to those used on the 2.4Ghz frequencies on the P4P and P4P+.
RF output on 5.8 GHz is +2 dBm higher than 2.4 but additional path loss on 5.8 GHz is 6-8 dB, more than negating the additional Tx power. The primary reason 5.8 GHz can perform better than 2.4 is due to the often higher noise floor on the 2.4 GHz ISM band, not the small difference in power output.

RF output on 5.8 GHz is +2 dBm higher than 2.4 but additional path loss on 5.8 GHz is 6-8 dB, more than negating the additional Tx power. The primary reason 5.8 GHz can perform better than 2.4 is due to the often higher noise floor on the 2.4 GHz ISM band, not the small difference in power output.
Thank you for the clarification. However, on 2.4 GHz with DBS-02 and boosters and the 32 channel hack on my P4, I get 6 miles. Without boosters, on the stock RC, the 2.4 GHz band on the P4 and P4P both crap out at 2 -3 miles, while the P4P Auto 5.8 GHz band will easily reach 4+ miles stock. This is in a predominantly urban area. Auto 5.8 GHz rocks! I can only speak from my own experience, and those of others who have very similar results, from whom I learned this setting nugget. YMMV. :cool:

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost