You be the judge

Reaction score
Here is the first video from my 3rd Zenmuse. Can that be any more confusing? The first 2 were doomed from the getgo, this is the new version and seems to work perfectly. My only problem is the Phantom has yaw twitching. If you know how to cure it, I hope you'll share it with me.

https://vimeo.com/77368798

Gizmo3000 said:
Perhaps try turning town the Yaw gains to lessen yaw twitching.
. and then perhaps consider fixing it in post -stabilzation

Hey Gizmo, thanks for the response.
I have turned down the yaw to 90%. Maybe I need to go down a little more. I flew in this town once before and had all kinds of problems with yaw. Not only twitching but a couple of times the Phantom almost did a 360. That's when i brought it down to 90% and went out and tested it for a while and thought i had it under control.
I think some of it must be the power lines. This is an old town, the lines seem to be lower and there are several transformers around. I think that could contribute to the problems.

Yaw movement is worst in GPS as it's holding a heading across a breeze. Go upwind, go atti and drift or follow the wind and don't mess with steering, only back or forwards. Most of yaw issues will disappear.

Roadkilt said:
Yaw movement is worst in GPS as it's holding a heading across a breeze. Go upwind, go atti and drift or follow the wind and don't mess with steering, only back or forwards. Most of yaw issues will disappear.

I admit that my pilot skills are lacking and fly in GPS a lot of the time, especially if there's any wind. I need to work on flying in atti more and drifting. I have been working on drifting and I really like the results but not too practical in tight spots.
Thanks for the input, Roadkilt, I appreciate it.

I'm searching for a solution to the same problem. I have the upgraded PDB and a Futaba controller. I've seen this on two upgraded rigs now and have to wonder if it has something to do with the upgraded components or the way they're installed. Gain adjustments don't seem to be improving the problem. I've watched other Phantoms fly right in front of me and their flight is noticeably more fluid than mine. Frustrating.

archersc said:
I'm searching for a solution to the same problem. I have the upgraded PDB and a Futaba controller. I've seen this on two upgraded rigs now and have to wonder if it has something to do with the upgraded components or the way they're installed. Gain adjustments don't seem to be improving the problem. I've watched other Phantoms fly right in front of me and their flight is noticeably more fluid than mine. Frustrating.

On stock Tx lowering gains (for yaw) helps very little & if you go to far it will affect take off & landings. I ended up getting Futaba T8J and programming my "A" switch to limit yaw to 20% and yaw is smooth as glass in GPS & Atti modes. On another note yaw does take practice.

BTW - nice video Skipper

I would appreciate hearing from anyone on the subject of "yaw dampening" for smoother videos. I am just now enabling ATTI mode on my P2, and am about to experiment with reducing the yaw % in the software. Like the suggestion of using movement in X and Y instead of yaw to capture smooth clips. Still dreaming of that 3-axis gimbal and killer control modes to go with it.

Also, I bought a prop balance for my older P1, but I don't think it works with the self-tightening props on the P2. appreciate any input from others on prop balancing on P2.

Last but not least, why is the advanced search on this forum so lame? I have entered search terms such as "yellow light" or "prop balance" and it kicks the search back saying terms are too common. What's up with that??

Kelly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair