You be the judge..I think it's toast

Reaction score
I cannot seem to calibrate the x1 knob. So far it only points straight out (level) or tips down. No in between. I have tried the RC and phantom software on my mac and PC with no luck at all. The gimbal makes all sorts of noise as well. I'll post my video here if I can. So, is this thing toast? Should I send it back or is this normal........

http://www.montyrand.com/video/gimbal.MOV

Looks sort of like mine two days ago. I was told to calibrate TX X1 calibration using this program. It is different download than Phantom Asst Software......Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1....it is on DJI website.
After I downloaded and installed and calibrated X1 .......my H3-3d Gimbal worked as advertised.
Hope this helps.

Unless I'm an idiot....this thing is acting weird. Hahaha. I ran the V1.1 software. The GoPro still will only be in 2 positions. Level or pointing down. I did adjust the tilt control gain to a point where I would like the camera to be pointing, but I cannot get it to act like the 2D gimbal and allow me to fine to tune the angle. I even adjusted a screw on the back of the controller as was mentioned in a post, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Here's a video.

http://www.montyrand.com/video/gimbal2.MOV

When calibrating the x1, do you move the lever back and forth? Do you keep it to one side? I think will be an easy fix, but I cannot seem to find anything online or what eveyone else has done, I have done. I'd like to keep it, as it seems to work OK, besides the noise that one time......

mrand said:
When calibrating the x1, do you move the lever back and forth? Do you keep it to one side? I think will be an easy fix, but I cannot seem to find anything online or what eveyone else has done, I have done. I'd like to keep it, as it seems to work OK, besides the noise that one time......

I would try recalibrating Phantom first and then the x1 again if needed.

I had my 2D act a lot like that after a hard landing and in the end it took recalibrating to Phantom to bring it back to normal again.

Worth trying if you have not already.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan