Yikes!

Quite a drastic change for sure.

Far too many things then I can say in 1 post. For starters, its easier to scroll down a thread because the message boxes are smaller, it shows whos online with a green dot, you can get thread notifications without having to get an email, we can run giveaways from the sidebar, better SEO, navigation tabs along the top, simply enter the number of the post you want to go to in a thread and you go there, "media", easier to add forums for more specifics, notifications on the site, conversations (PM's) with more than 1 user, social media integration, follow people, like messages in a thread, auto saving when typing a post, and better search.

Trust me, I could go on and on. Most people take a first look at the site and want to hate it, but if they give it some time, they find out they love it. Please give us the benefit of the doubt.
Message box being smaller is a negative for me. Smaller is harder to see. Also I notice all the mods are saying how great this new forum is. What would you expect them to say.

It's twice as slow to load each page for me because of all of the garbage on the right. It doesn't matter to me who is currently online, I can already tell which threads and replies I haven't read, I don't really care about the forum statistics, and I certainly don't care if it's someone's birthday. That entire column is a complete waste of space that bogs things down. Birthdays? Really??? Come on.

IMO a forum should be simple and functional for discussions - such as this one that I belong to for Honda Pilot owners. Same functionality, but none of the garbage. http://www.piloteers.org/forums/82-2012-2015-pilot/

Last edited:
As someone who posted most days around some 20-30 times, I actually stayed away feeling like our family here was cheated. Nobody like change, and especially if they weren't asked a head of time for any input. The worse thing about this software is, it doesn't allow the user almost no privileges. Example, I really don't like the thread having 20 posts before it starts a new page. The other board was set at 10 posts and was just about right. Most administrators don't use a 20 post setting because it eats up two times the bandwidth each time someone clicks the thread. This is one reason why some of you have mentioned how slow the board is now. I own my own websites with forums for almost 20yrs now. I can tell everyone now the slowness comes from the SEO addition to this software.

Here's to better things to come..... :D

Reactions: TeamYankee
One thing I do like is that in the PM section when you get the email telling you have one you can read the PM right in email instead of having to log in :)

This is great feature

The rest is getting used too.

Seems like there is less posts since it was swapped - maybe people are still trying to find out how to :)

As someone who posted most days around some 20-30 times, I actually stayed away feeling like our family here was cheated. Nobody like change, and especially if they weren't asked a head of time for any input. The worse thing about this software is, it doesn't allow the user almost no privileges. Example, I really don't like the thread having 20 posts before it starts a new page. The other board was set at 10 posts and was just about right. Most administrators don't use a 20 post setting because it eats up two times the bandwidth each time someone clicks the thread. This is one reason why some of you have mentioned how slow the board is now. I own my own websites with forums for almost 20yrs now. I can tell everyone now the slowness comes from the SEO addition to this software.

Here's to better things to come..... :D
You're a little biased though...if people hate the new look, maybe they will click over to that convenient link right below your post to your forum...

Reactions: dirkclod
You're a little biased though...if people hate the new look, maybe they will click over to that convenient link right below your post to your forum...
Ha Ha ..Good one Jacob !!
Ya Got Me.jpg

Maybe I see between the lines in your post what you are saying and like that statement so much I will like it !

If they do click on it they'll be alone. It doesn't take much research to see where my time is spent. My dedication has been right here in the vPlus forum. There is numerous people with links in their signature so it's not like I'm a minority. No smoke & mirrors with what I do or have. Everyone should clearly see I don't take anything away from this website. There is several that do though. They sell their $10-$60 products by posting a thread, links included in their signatures, and more. These are the ones that take something from this site. I would really like to have something myself in place to generate a income to either help support my family or if nothing else my flying hobby, but I don't. And I wouldn't take advantage of someone to do it either. By the way Jacob, as you should know if that link my signature causes you a problem it can come out much faster then it went in there.

Edit: Btw, I forgot to mention I have gotten use to this new setup. It would be nice to have the number of needed post before page switch reduced back to 10 or 15 though.

Last edited:
If they do click on it they'll be alone. It doesn't take much research to see where my time is spent. My dedication has been right here in the vPlus forum. There is numerous people with links in their signature so it's not like I'm a minority. No smoke & mirrors with what I do or have. Everyone should clearly see I don't take anything away from this website. There is several that do though. They sell their $10-$60 products by posting a thread, links included in their signatures, and more. These are the ones that take something from this site. I would really like to have something myself in place to generate a income to either help support my family or if nothing else my flying hobby, but I don't. And I wouldn't take advantage of someone to do it either. By the way Jacob, as you should know if that link my signature causes you a problem it can come out much faster then it went in there.

Edit: Btw, I forgot to mention I have gotten use to this new setup. It would be nice to have the number of needed post before page switch reduced back to 10 or 15 though.
Thank you for the explanation. You can leave the link, I was just pointing out that its there :)

im new to this site so far im getting the hang of it we dont have a site like this in australia its so good to view and have comments about the phantom from around the world

Welcome to our Whacked Out Forum,
It should settle down once folks get used to the changes.
Stick around and enjoy the show in the meantime.
I am looking forward to watching some of you video.:D

Last edited:
The more I'm using it the less I'm liking it. Why split the forum into 'discussions' and 'help'? What's the difference? And I totally agree with the lesser posts per page. Scrolling from the bottom to the top takes an age.

It was always going to happen when the site was sold, I suppose. Nobody buys something to keep it the same. It'll likely end up full of adverts soon enough. And that will drive us all bananas.

I don't mind change at all if it's for the good, but for the life of me I can't see why the site had to be changed so radically so soon. I agree with the 'birthday' posts - who cares when it's my birthday - it was on Monday, by the way... and nobody except Jacob posted (and I bet there's an algorithm set up to post HB automatically. And who cares who 'notable' members are? The ones with the most posts aren't always the ones to be respected...And what are points all about?

I bet if there was a vote, a HUGE majority of members would prefer to return to the old site.

Not sure if I'll be spending a large amount of time on here in future. I liked the way on the old site that read posts turned from red to blue so you could see instantly what was new.

Why split the forum into 'discussions' and 'help'? What's the difference?
The fact that some people dont want to see a bunch of questions about how to fix simple issues. And when they are looking for answers to their issues, they dont want to see about the "newest firmware".

I agree with the 'birthday' posts - who cares when it's my birthday - it was on Monday, by the way... and nobody except Jacob posted (and I bet there's an algorithm set up to post HB automatically.
A simple thank you for saying happy birthday would have done the job. Rather than accusing me of an automated system for it.

Reactions: Marlin009

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31